I hope this isn’t against any forum rules, if so of course the thread should be deleted.
A fellow Devialet owner started a petition to try to get Devialet moving in fixing the issues in their ethernet/WiFi streaming module and software. If you’re a Devialet owner or would like to help one you know (or perhaps just like to help) please sign the petition.
Thank you for any help.
[QUOTE]This petition grew out of frustration. The frustration of being ignored by Devialet support and management. It is not impulsive : Devialet was regularly warned over a period of months that this action would start.
It is not malicious : we waited three years for a solution. It is not intended to harm Devialet, although this might be a consequence. Five months is ample warning. In this five-month-period, we did not receive a reaction. I created a new incident to make sure that it was not one employee who blocked the info. I was again promised a response, but I’m still waiting.
We all payed serious money in Devialet. The fact that the company never gave an answer to a legitimate and polite question is proofs how important customers are for Devialet.
Dear Management of Devialet,
Since the release of the Expert-line, there are serious problems with the AIR application. To our utmost regret, complaints are met with a wall of silence
Even today, Devialet promotes AIR on his website as a solution for ‘streaming audio content without compromise’. The reality is that lots of users experience problems with AIR after a couple of minutes playing music. These problems are only resolved by restarting the AIR-software or - in serious cases - the Expert itself.
Since normal support requests are clearly insufficient to get a statement from Devialet about this issue, we see no other solution than try to get an answer from your company by ways of petitioning you to solve this problem as soon as possible.
We were hopefull when AIR3 beta was released but there has been no statement about an AIR3 version for PC.
Therefore,we politely ask that :
- Potential customers are warned about the current issues.
- Devialet creates and maintains a dedicated support page on the website.
- If Devialet is not able to solve the issues on all hardware, at least give clear information about hardware that will work.
- Please provide updates for the AIR and USB drivers to officially support the latest versions of supported operating systems (both on Mac and PC)
May we also ask that the software interfaces between the Expert and other devices are actualized so they allow at least the control of the functionality that new firmware brings :
- The iOS app has no had no functionality upgrade since version 1.0 A lot of functionality that is controllable by the Devialet Remote is not controllable by the app.
- The RS-232 interface is not upgraded since firmware 7. Functionality like ICM cannot be managed remotely.
We look forward to a reaction - any reaction.