Please try this simple test if you subscribe to Qobuz (and Roon)

Great, thanks.

Hi, yes I subscribe to Qobuz. I checked Qobuz and the whole album shows up as available. So I deleted it from my Roon library and re-added it. Waddya know. All tracks now show as available in Roon. I’ve a vague memory that some other albums from Qobuz were partly unavailable in Roon, I think from Harmonia Mundi. I’ll see if I can find them and fix them the same way. You also get the unavailable thing for an up and coming release - some tracks are teased as available, the rest are unavailable. For example most of the tracks on Mozart Momentum 1785 are unavailable in both Qobuz and Roon.

Huh, very interesting. Leaving aside the idiocy of companies that offer just one track as a teaser (sigh), can you explain in more detail what exactly you did to get around this limitation? In what sense did you delete from your Roon library? And how did you re-add it? Very curious.

I clicked the three dots next to the album, then clicked Remove from Library. Then I searched for it and re-added it. And lo and behold it was available.

Are you actually able to play those tracks?? It’s difficult to imagine that Sony’s embargo is so easily circumvented.

I just tried this. Yes, it adds the album back. But those tracks still can’t be played. Please check this.

There are several annoying disconnects between the metadata Roon gets from Qobuz and what’s actually available on Qobuz on a particular locale. The most common for me is with new releases that appear in Roon but have all but a teaser track unavailable. Roon is in a tough spot here because Qobuz just seems to shrug about the inconsistencies between metadata and what’s streamable.

2 Likes

Ok but that’s a different issue from my original question. Thanks for your comment though.

Sorry, I wan’t clear. I suspect it’s the same issue underneath: Qobuz supplies metadata to Roon that does not match track availability. How the mismatch shows up in Roon depends on the interaction path in Roon: via Composition in your case, via Album in the one I mentioned.

1 Like

I can play all of the Mendelssohn album in Roon or Qobuz. Possibly what happened is that when I first added it to Roon, some tracks were unavailable from Qobuz. But quite possibly Roon doesn’t refresh it’s metadata so I needed to re-add it to Roon when the availability in Qobuz changed in order for the newly available tracks to show as such in Roon.

Other albums which have unavailable tracks in both Qobuz and Roon (like Mozart Momentum 1785, the Zimmerman Beethoven series) stay that way after re-adding.

It would be better for me if Roon kept the availability accurate.

@support Hey support, I’m hoping you’ll take a look at this bug/glitch.

Where would I find that setting? I have looked all over and am unable to find it.

I get the same result. But, if I go into the same album, bringing up all tracks, then it will play (iPad Pro). Strange!

Repeatable here. Windows 10 desktop control, SonicTransport core. Qobuz subscription no Tidal.

In the composition view there is a drop down for the sort order. At the bottom of that you can pick “Only Complete Recordings”. But beware, it doesn’t work reliably. When set it will sometimes incorrectly hide complete recordings, and incorrectly show incomplete recordings, for no obvious reason.

Thanks for letting me know, along with the pros and cons.

Why should support reply to a non-support thread?

Hello everyone :wave:

Sorry it took us this long to notice this. We appreciate each of you chiming in when it comes to this issue.

I’ve moved the thread in the #support section, so our technical team can take a closer look at the reports :pray:

Did your #support team ever have a chance to investigate the issue I originally asked about?

I’m sorry you face this problem. I will be off topic. I consider Aaron Copland to be one of the most underrated composers of the 20th century.