Please update ROCK Install Guidelines

Please update the ROCK install instructions for a NUC to include unchecking UEFI and SECURE BOOT. I fiddled with this for an hour before figuring out that SECURE BOOT, which is set to enabled by default, will cause the boot sequence to start up UEFI first even when UEFI is unchecked in the Boot sequence, and will ignore Legacy Boot…

Regards,
Sonnie

Hmmm, you are referring to this, right?;

IME Secure Boot is not an option at all if Legacy Boot is selected. So thats something that Intel has made a mess of?

After selecting Legacy, I tried several times… 3 different USB flash drives flashed with ROCK OS… would not boot to the drive. Finally read where the Secure Boot will default to UEFI and ignore Legacy. After disabling Secure Boot, ROCK booted right up as it should.

Regards,
Sonnie

What NuC are you referring to? As stated i havent seen this behaviour on my NuC’s

I had similar issue with setting up the nuc10i3 with latest bios upgrade (as instructed). Stumbled on the secure boot after messing about for quite some time as well.

1 Like

Intel NUC i5 - NUC10i5FNH

1 Like

I second Sonnie’s request/recommendation as I, too, had the same experience as Sam described above when configuring my NUC10i3.

1 Like