Plus de connexion au Nucleus et autres problèmes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus avec le nouveau système
TEXT GOES HERE
Nucleus n’est plus trouvable. La connexion ne s’effectue donc plus depuis cette nuit.
Nucleus est souvent difficile à trouver, le Core aussi et je dois souvent redémarrer la machine. Mais maintenant plus rien.
Auparavant la musique s’arrêtait subitement. Mes listes n’étaient pas lues entièrement.
Bref que des problèmes.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Orbi comme routeur. Mac Pro 2013 ou Mac mini 2012. Naim Uniti Nova pour écouter de la musique à partir de NAS Synology (1618+ avec SSD). Plusieurs autres appareils pour écouter de la musique ou pour mon réseau dans la maison.
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Tout fonctionne par LAN en ce moment.
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, and thanks for your report! Do you have any issues connecting to the web interface?

Yes, sometimes the connection is not made at all for several hours. I can no longer find Nucleus on my network. Then the connection comes back. And for a few hours, it’s fine. And suddenly it disappears and I have to wait (sometimes 2-3 hours) for a new connection.
These problems are new. 15-20 days ago everything was fine.

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, thanks for the info. I have some items for you to take a look at:

Disable IGMP Proxying
With Orbi, you might need to disable this feature to allow better visibility of your core. We mention this in our networking best practices guide and this would be a good step to see if we can incite a change in behavior.

Next time this issue occurs, can you try to access the web administration interface and send me a screenshot of what you see? Thanks!

Hello Mr. Nienkirchen,

That night Nucleus/Roon stopped working and did not want to leave and I did a screenshot of the WAI.

I made a backward look at the “Operating System” by pressing “Reinstall”. Now Roon is working but not properly. I probably have to reboot it.

Do you speak German?

See you soon.

E. Rouvier

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, and thanks for the screenshot! In that last comment you mentioned that Roon was working but not properly? Can you elaborate? Thanks! And nope, I wish I had taken German, though!

It’s always the same. I’m listening to a radio for example and Roon works fine but suddenly it stops… and the application doesn’t work anymore. It’s looking for the core but can’t find anything. So I have to restart Nucleus or, from the Web Interface, do a restar.

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, and thanks for the screenshot! Could you please reproduce the issue one more time and report back here with a timestamp (your local time) when you’re able to reproduce the issue? From there, I can enable diagnostics for your Nucleus and get the report over to our team. Thanks!

I have a same problem with Nucleus+ this time. Same screen and requires authorization. But after entering a password in the account, nothing happens. My access is paid until mid-November

Received a deauthorization offer. After that, everything started.

Hello, Nuwriry,

Today I left the house and let Roon work with the radio. The radio was played on a group of 3 audio devices.
When I returned home, Roon was working and when I approached an audio device (Naim MuSo 1st generation) the music stopped. After Roon didn’t work normally anymore (no more Core etc) and I had to do a reboot. After that it worked 4-5 songs and now Roon stopped playing music again.
Here are 2 screenshots and thank you for your help.

Bonjour Monsieur,
Malheureusement plus rien ne fonctionne maintenant… Cela devient fâcheux. Roon a arrêté de fonctionner une fois de plus… et maintenant je ne peux plus l’utiliser du tout. J’ai donc dû faire un nouveau Start. Malheureusement tous mes appareils audio n’apparaissent plus…
Je ne sais vraiment plus quoi faire. Je vous envoie un screenshot pour l’audio.
Good morning, sir,
Unfortunately nothing works anymore… It’s getting annoying. Roon stopped working once again… and now I can’t use it at all. So I had to make a new start. Unfortunately all my audio devices are no longer appearing…
I really don’t know what to do anymore.
I’m sending you a screenshot for the audio.
How do you like my devices?
Yours sincerely
E. Rouvier

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, I ran your details by our QA staff and we found the likely cause of the issue you’re experiencing.

Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case there are signs of low-level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. You can use these instructions to do so:

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • Restore from backup at least a week before issues started

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately, you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

Good morning, Mr. Nienkirchen,
So I did as you said and with an old copy of my backup from March I was able to get Roon to start again. Now everything works again! That’s good! So THANK YOU!
Roon worked very well for 3 days.
But unfortunately there are still some problems.
Roon often stops. I press ‘Play’, it starts playing again and stops after a minute… So I can’t really use Roon to listen to music. I’ve done several of the rebots and I’ve also unplugged Nucleus, but nothing works.
And on my Mac Pro 2013 computer with Catalina, Roon always asks me to do an update and when I do it and I restart Roon, Roon asks me to do the update again etc, etc. So I have to click on the cross on the right to make the blue window disappear.
Do you also have solutions for these 2 problems?
Yours sincerely
E. Rouvier

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, I’m glad we got that part taken care of! Is there a specific endpoint that is having these playback issues? Does it happen to system output of the mac? Also, can you send me a screenshot of the update message next time you see it?

Hello, Nuwriy,
Here’s a screenshot of the message and another one that might help you.
Capture d’écran 2020-08-02 à 09.39.16

The problem always comes back and I can’t do an update.

Thank you for your help

E. Rouvier

Hello @Elie_Rouvier1, please make a backup of your database and on the mac run this update file. Let’s see if we can install 571 on top of the existing instance instead.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.