Podcast file problem

In addition to missing art, which has gone from bad to worse to kind of catastrophic, I can’t get a bunch of mp3s of podcast downloads, put into the Roon-watched folders, to show up.

Have you tried converting them to FLAC. I record some DAB radio shows to SD card and have to do this to get them to show up in Roon. It’s quick to do on a laptop and I am tagging them anyway.

I’ll try that, though mp3s aren’t usually a problem.

On my Dab Radio it sometimes say MP2 also and this was my issue

This sounds like a problem I have. Some older podcast files that are mp2 or 2.5 or other odd things are not imported (show as skipped in roon).

Audio files corrupt in Linux (SonicTransporter) but not in Win Roon Server [Ticket open][quote=“Dan_Schwartz, post:1, topic:27855, full:true”]
In addition to missing art, which has gone from bad to worse to kind of catastrophic, I can’t get a bunch of mp3s of podcast downloads, put into the Roon-watched folders, to show up.
[/quote]

I’ve checked - as I thought, they’re all mp3.

Still try it on one, if it works, it works.

Well this is interesting. The problem’s solved. Although Roon looks at the Music folder on my native drive, it doesn’t see the iTunes folder apparently. I pulled the podcast folder out of iTunes and voila!

@support

1 Like