Popping and clicking during playback

Roon Core Machine

Dell Inspiron 5505 Laptop
Windows 10 Pro
8 GB
64 bit x64 based processor
AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHz

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NetGear Blackhawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router 15’ Ethernet cable to Buesound Node Streamer
Node connected to McIntosh 8950 via USB

Connected Audio Devices

McIntosh 8950 Integrated Amp
Bluesound Node - Ethernet to Router

Number of Tracks in Library

260 tracks

Description of Issue

I get popping and clicking at during playback. It’s coming from my iPhone while using it as Remote Roon remote.

Set up is as follows……

Dell Laptop set up as Roon core

Mac8950 Amp

Bluesound node

Qobuz service

Please help looking to subscribe after trial if this can be rectified.

Hi, this isn’t a Roon issue. The Bluesound node often produces a click or a plop before a track starts. When the next track has a different bitrate this clicking or plopping occurs. Bluesound was able to reproduce this issue in their testlab. I reported this a year ago, Bluesound is trying to fix this. It is taking a time though.

Cheers John.

Jon P (Bluesound)

Feb 3, 2022, 9:06 AM EST

Hello John,

After speaking with our engineering team regarding your specific issue they have been able to replicate it here in our labs. Our engineering team will be looking into this further and be providing a fix for this issue in a future firmware update.

Unfortunately, we here in technical support are not provided a timeline on future development and releases so I can not say for certain when this update will become available. However, rest assured that our engineering team will be doing everything they can to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Our engineering team may reach out to you directly if they require any further specifics about this issue you are experiencing.

I’m sorry I do not have a more immediate solution for you but in the meantime, if you have any further questions for me, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Jon P
Bluesound Support Crew Analyst

1 Like

Hey, thank you so much. Looks like I either pass on Roon for now, or make a streamer change.

Thanks again,

Or just use roon DSP to convert everything to one bitrate then they should go away.

1 Like

Not sure how I go about doing that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Google is your friend

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.