Roon Core Machine

Macbook Pro M1 2020
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP824?locale=en_GB

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Vega G2.1 (Firmware 8.3)

Number of Tracks in Library

About 30,000

Description of Issue

Popping noise occurs when music is played or paused in Roon.

Have tried resync delay and headroom management, but both to no avail. Resync delay only puts off the noise.

Have turned on/off output protection, reduced output by -6db and -12db, and increased the buffer time to 500ms (max) on Vega, but all to no avail. I notice that, when music is paused and the noise occurs, Vega shows no input or returns to 44k.

Have used different USB cables, namely Audioquest Coffee and Carbon, but to no avail.

If connecting Roon with Vega via network, it works stably.

I have read this thread and wonder if what it claimed the Auralic CEO had said is still valid today. If not, is there any new solution?

Thanks a lot.

Hello @Julian_Cheng ,

Thank you for reaching out and for your report here! I spoke to our hardware team regarding this behavior and we have seen a few related reports such as yours. As for the next steps, we suggest reaching out directly to Auralic, as they would be in the best position to help with this issue.

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Auralic in parallel actually. They advised me to contact Roon. Apparently, both companies are content with supporting network endpoint connection only, giving up on USB’s. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.