Pops and static after update

I am experiencing something similar since yesterday’s update. I have the NAD C658 and tonight’s listening through Roon had a number of light pops and mild static. Using Tidal Connect playing the same track was flawless through the same NAD unit. I use Roon daily for hours on this system and another office system and hadn’t experienced anything like this.

Mine was working fine, but now …

1 Like

Mine isn’t that loud but very noticeable and pretty frequent, so much so that it’s not great to listen to.

And your right, no issues whatsoever before the update.

Hi @Jeff_Burke,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when this is occurring?

A post was split to a new topic: Pops and static after Roon update

Hi Dylan, thanks for the reply. Here are more specs on my setup as well as the signal path pic.

Core Machine
Lenovo PC with Interl Core i5-4570T @ 2.9GHz and 8GB Ram and 250GB HD with 183GB free, running Roon 1.7

Remotes
Primary is an iPad or iPhone (both iOS 14.2) running most recent Roon version 1.7

Networking
Shaw High-Speed wireless router hardwirder to Netgear 8 port GB switch hardwired to the NAD. All using CAT 5e cables

Devices
Hardwired network cable in LAN connection on the NAD C 658 (running latest BluOS version 3.12.13), RCA output to Bryston B135 Cubed input out to PMC Twenty5 23s. NAD volume output is fixed and Bryston controls all volume.

Library
Using a USB connected drive for local FLAC/WAV/MP3 files which also exhibit this static/popping issue. Libray says 13,427 tracks. Also using Tidal streaming which has the issue and confirmed the issue not happening when using Tidal Connect from the iPhone to the NAD.

Signal Path

I also have a secondary office setup which I control a pair of Bluesound Flex paired as stereo speakers, also hardwired, and having no issues with pops/clicks

Hi there, any word on this issue?

8 posts were split to a new topic: Pops and static after Roon update with Lumin T2

I did more troubleshooting tonight and there are no pops/clicks when using the BluOS app playing Tidal direct to the same NAD player. Also, no issues when playing to an iPad with headphones using the Roon app.

Some blueos users who have had problems have done a factory reset which has removed issues, might be worth having a try on the NAD.
Or maybe just reset the bluos.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, this seems to have cleared the issue up. Not sure why that happens but it’s nice to have it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.