Port Forwarding Help

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 54) / Intel NUC7i5 / Roon 2.0 (build 1182)

1GB LAN Ethernet
TP-LINK Archer AX3000

Help! I’ve followed instructions to configure my Roon server with a static IP and my router for manual port forwarding and I’m still unable to setup ARC. Diagnostics data is below. Thanks so much!

{
"connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"97.aaa.bbb.ccc","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.1.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"<s:Envelope xmlns:s=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" s:encodingStyle=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\"><s:Body><s:Fault><faultcode>s:Client</faultcode><faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring><detail><UPnPError xmlns=\"urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0\"><errorCode>718</errorCode><errorDescription>ConflictInMappingEntry</errorDescription></UPnPError></detail></s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>"}
}

Hmm… Do you have ipv6 enabled in your router? I seem to remember that Roon ARC doesn’t support that. Try turning that off.

Good thinking. Thanks! IPv6 is disabled.

<errorCode>718</errorCode><errorDescription>ConflictInMappingEntry</errorDescription>

UPnP error code 718 means that port is in use at the router.

Turn UPnP OFF at the router. Don’t do both UPnP and manual port forwarding or you get errors like this.

Hi @ironkurta.

As @ipeverywhere has mentioned, i would turn off UPnP in the router and configure a manual port forwarding rule.

First, in the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc write down the ip address and port number shown there.

Then, take a look at below video.

Hope it helps.

Maarten.

Thanks so much, Maarten! UPnP is now off in the router’s settings, and that has resolved the 718 error, but I’m still not able find ROCK at it’s external IP address (and I’m still getting the error message below in ROON ARC settings).

I was able to add ROCK as a Virtual Server under the NAT Forwarding section in the router’s settings, and I my ROCK server has a static IP, so I don’t think I need address reservation (the server didn’t appear in my DHCP Client List, so I wasn’t able to reserve the address if that was needed).

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“97.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @ironkurta,

Could you post some screenshots of your manual port forwarding rule?
Please hide your public ip address when posting screenshots

Kind regards,

Maarten

Thank you so much, @Maarten_Duits!

Hi @ironkurta,

Just for me to be sure, the ip address in field Internal IP is the same IP address as shown in the Roon App under Settings —> Roon Arc? And this is also true for the port number you entered at Internal and External Port?

If that’s the case, i would suggest you set Protocol to both. I know that Roon Arc only needs TCP/IP, but i read on the forum that when other users set protocol to “Both” it worked.

If the protocol change is of no help, than i would suggest to change the port number in the Roon app to ie. 44135. The reason to change and try it, is that some ISP’s block some port or port ranges.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Thanks, @Maarten_Duits! Internal IP matches the IP address shown in Settings>Roon Arc, as do the Internal and External Ports. I’ve tried changing the port to several other numbers, and I’ve changed the protocol setting to “All.” I really appreciate your suggestions and none of them have helped. I’m still getting the same errors in the diagnostics data.

@support can you help, please?

Hi @ironkurta,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you check out www.canyouseeme.org and see if that site can see you on port 55002? It’s possible that port is being blocked by your ISP.

Wes

Thank you, @Wes! I’m getting a “connection timed out” on both 55002 and 44135. I had changed to 44135 at Maarten’s advice.

Does canyouseeme see you on 44135? Is it working now?

Wes

Thanks, @Wes It can’t see me there either.

Hi @ironkurta,

That’s definitely an issue.

That leaves only a few possibilities. Your ISP is either using something called carrier grade NAT or cgnat OR they are just blocking ports.

Roon ARC can use ports 10,000 - 65,000 so it’s a matter of getting with them to see which ports are blocked.

Carrier grade NAT can be overcome if your ISP can give you a static IP.

In all cases, it’s best to explain to your ISP what you’re trying to accomplish here (port forwarding). In the process, let them know that you’ve tried various ports and that canyouseeme shows those ports blocked for your Ip.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.