Possible bad Ethernet port

I have a Intel NUC7i5BHN with Roon ROCK installed

It has worked flawlessly until a few days ago. I removed the Ethernet cord from the NUC but it was stuck and took some doing to remove. When I reconnected cord it stopped working. It’s not the cord, it works on other devices. I’m wondering if there is a way to bypass the onboard Ethernet slot and install either a dongle or an Ethernet board. I’m trying to avoid replacing the NUC board for now. The USB ports work. I used them to look in the bios. I also looked in the Ethernet port and no pins are crossed. Will one of these work?

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Should work, but make sure you can return for a similar option if it doesnt

Why bother? The device is dirt cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00M77HMU0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1H1NHVACXP5Y4&keywords=usb+to+ethernet+adapter&qid=1665682713&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjM0IiwicXNhIjoiMy45MiIsInFzcCI6IjMuNzQifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=Usb+to+ethernet%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSFZOTkpLWVRLWFJHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODAxNDQwMjZYRVRTUTJUVlBSVCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzQ0MDI5M0pMSUNKOFJDVk41VCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Doesn’t matter. It will work, if a busted port is the problem.

Yes that will work I have one in use on Rock currently as my port also died.

This fixed the problem. Thanks all! It’s good to have Roon operational.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.