Post update not finding music or audio devices

I am having the same problem after upgrading to 1.7

Nucleus
QNAP as my music server
BlueSound node 2is

Not finding my music or audio devices.

Hi Richard,

Each user should make their own support thread. So I moved the post over and pinged @support for you.

Cheers,
Daniel

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Guth— sorry for the trouble here.

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a Dropbox link, we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. If you can’t access the database, or if you don’t have anywhere to upload the Zip file, just let us know. We’ll walk you through the next steps here so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

Logs and Database are here;

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Thank you for sending those logs over and for your patience while our technical team has been looking into this issue for you.

I spoke with our team today regarding their evaluation of the logs from your install. Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case they are seeing signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. You can set your current database aside by using these instructions:

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • Restore from backup

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

This is the second time I have had an issue with a corrupt database. We had to do this a few months ago. Is something wrong with my Nucleas that is causing it?

My backups are in DropBox and it is taking forever to restore from there. if I download the backup folder I want, Is there a way to restore it from my local drive? I seem to only have the choice of doing it from Dropbox

Hi @Richard_Guth,

We generally don’t recommend restoring from Dropbox as it can definitely take a little longer than typical to restore. If you have a USB drive, you can place the backup on the drive and connect it to the Nucleus and restore from there — That should go more quickly for you.

1 Like

It did take forever! Overnight as far as I can tell. But it worked! I am back up and operational! Hurray!

A day without Roon is like a day without sunshine! Thanks for you help.

I’ll make a note to do it from a USB next time.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, hope you have a continued enjoyable Roon experience!

Just an FYI. My iPad and iPhone Apps got upgraded to 1.7 but would not connect to the nucleus. So I deleted them both and downloaded new ones from the Apple App Store and that fixed the problem.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Thank you for the additional information, will keep this in mind if we have users report similar behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.