Power supply recommendation for my tooth brush

Always useful to catch spurts of toothpaste :tooth:

2 Likes

Analogue rather than digital then…,

3 Likes

We seem to be getting off (yep) the OP’s very important topic of tooth brush power supplies. Please, people, be serious!

3 Likes

How can we be serious on a Friday afternoon?? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My bad. Sorry

2 Likes

Merging this thread with @Martin_Kelly thread

Possibly your tooth rush is too inexpensive?

5 Likes

Of course! Aerospace materials! And then a tooth gel formulated from avgas…

4 Likes

I’m using one to dust off all the recesses in the front panel of my Wadax…

2 Likes

If you don’t notice any difference, either your brush head is not resolving enough, or your teeth are too dirty.

2 Likes

I had to look that up despite "This prestigious Spanish brand has become the de facto reference standard globally. "
Bloomin ugly that’s for sure.
Reminds me of this sort of thing

1 Like

My first 5.1 system (receiver + speakers) was Aiwa. It looked better though.

1 Like

I had one of these in 1979. I lived in a house with no heating and caught a chest infection but had a cracking hifi :expressionless:

Remote control!

5 Likes

Please stay on topic (PS for toothbrushes) and keep this hifi crap out of this discussion, thanks.

4 Likes

See, this is the problem with this forum! Too many prescriptivists drop in to tell us what to do!

4 Likes

What was the question again?

5 Likes

Hi, sjb.

I don’t think the power supply will make any difference as there is likely too much noise in your system.

I highly recommend upgrading the cabling to the recharging stand with a loom of fiber optic cable for better noise isolation and all-around unsurpassed performance. Look for the Teflon-wrapped style. I think Robert Greene reviewed some of these cables in TAS a while back and gave one an Absolute Sound award.

With the higher bandwidth, you may even finish brushing sooner!

Thanks,
- Eric

6 Likes

On my toothbrush I got a button.

• clean
  • white
  • deep clean
  • ultra clean

Pressing this button changes the sound more, then a different power supply.

At the same time I found out, looking into the mirror after the fog from showering has gone, improves the color of your teeth.

4 Likes

I have a Braun electric toothbrush too, so am well aware of the obvious problem. It charges wirelessly! Now we all know that wireless is no good for anything where Roon is concerned, what you need is a hardwired connection for the power. Just run the leads into the bathroom (carefully) on those expensive little speaker cable lifters. The shear inconvenience and constant risk of electrocution is guaranteed to make your teeth feel whiter than white.
If you want to upgrade the toothbrush rather than just the power supply, I recommend one of those ‘Sonic’ toothbrushes hooked up to Roon to literally blast away the plaque. The ‘JBL Plaque-Blaster 3000’ can easily crack your bathroom mirror if turned up to full volume, so be careful. Not that Roon has an issue with starting music at full volume or anything…

5 Likes

Did they get the Roon Ready certification or do you know when it will happen?

1 Like

You know that Roon never comment on timescales but I think that using Roon to blast music at your teeth could be the next big thing, far bigger than ARC.

4 Likes