POWERNODE 2i is Not found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Bluesound Powernode 2i

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

powernode 2i is connected to a fritzbox 7490 with a LAN cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

only the speakers

Description Of Issue

The day before yesterday I installed the roon core on my desktop pc. my music library is on a synology nas. I then controlled the whole thing via the app on my ipad pro. everything works fine. today i got my bluesound powernode 2i. I then uninstalled the roon core from my pc because I thought the powernode is now the end device for the core. with the bluesound app, access to the music on the nas works perfectly. The roon app unfortunately does not find a core-capable device in my system. What can be the reason? didn’t powernode integrate the roon core functionality?

Hi @Horst_Birkenbach,

The PowerNode is not a Roon Core device, it is simply an audio endpoint. For Roon to be able to communicate with it, you still need a Roon Core such as your PC.

If you wish to look into Roon Servers so that you don’t need your PC turned on to use the Powernode, I would suggest checking out Roon Nucleus or ROCK: (Roon Optimized Core Kit).

Trank you Noris. I Unterstand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.