To those in this thread that have been encountering issues with playback on Bluesound 2i units to include some or all of the following symptoms:
- Random stopping of playback
- Long delay before music starts
- Music delay then starting 10-15+ seconds into track
- Quick flash of “pick an audio zone” on controller – a seeming loss of connection
- Problems using the scrubbing bar – often resulting in one or more of the above symptoms
I have likewise been fighting with this for some time. I am happy to report that after much testing on my part and sending Roon a variety of extensive writeups, logs after logs, etc… I’ve been told they can reproduce these (some) symptoms. Whew!
Getting past being shown the hand by customer support with basic diagnostics (all of which I performed before contacting Roon) has been a monumentally frustrating experience. However, to Roon’s credit, they have continued to work with me on this.
Now that they can reproduce this in their own environment, they should be able to dig in and determine the root cause and effect a fix. How long? I know not.
Core & File Repository:
Synology 3617XS+ w/32GB of Memory & running Roon Core on SSD
#1 Wired Bluesound Node2 connected to DAC via Coax out
#2 Wired Aurlic Aries Mini connected to headphone amp via RCA analog out
#3 Wireless Bluesound Powernode 2i connected to speakers via speaker out.
#4 Wired Windows Desktop with sound card and speakers
- Control of playback from iPhone and iPads
- Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router (X10)
- Current SW/FW on all systems
- Music Library = ~9500 Albums / ~145K Tracks, Redbook FLAC, HiRez FLAC, DxD and DSD – All on NAS
- Active Tidal subscription with some Tidal albums added to library (~2700 Tidal Albums in library)
- Internet: AT&T Gigabit Fiber, 1G Service