Prefer Qobuz over Tidal (or local, or vice-versa) as Preference [implemented in build 987]

Is this still not possible to do with 1.8?!
Selecting the preference for streaming service.
Or when doing a search, limiting results for example just to Qobuz.

2 Likes

Seconding this, I’ve also seen Roon pick Tidal (eg from discovery) even when there is a Qobuz album in my library of equal quality (and no tidal album in my library)

4 Likes

Thirding—creating a preference where you can select a global priority for versions / sources (e.g., from stored files vs. Qobuz vs. Tidal) would be hugely valuable and feels very much like a missing feature. I disagree that this isn’t an issue—it’s frustrating to have to do it song-by-song or even album-by-album when your library is large.

5 Likes

Additional reasons for this parameterization:
I had a Tidal subscription that I cancelled when I moved to Qobuz.
I left the Tidal account in roon as I like to see what I’m missing with Qobuz. I think it is interesting and believe many people are doing that.

Now, If I put Tidal as enabled I have a lot of problems with radio, playing recommendations after a disc ends,… at the moment a Tidal track is tried to be played the process stops, giving a message with ‘this track is not currently available from Tidal’.

2 Likes

I’ve solved the problem by dropping Tidal, again. I’m done with them plus the MQA virus is spreading.

6 Likes

Same here. Easy solution to several problems :sunglasses:

I wish our Canadian friends that Qobuz will be available there soon!

4 Likes

Yes this is the easier solution, but I like to see which albums aren’t available in Qobuz.
A single button for each service that means ‘Display but never try to play’ is an easy way to fix the problem.

2 Likes

What’s your take on this @danny ?

1 Like

Do you know what’s the take on Roon on this?

Is this forum even looked at by staff? A thread over 18 months old, with mass support and literally no downsides to implementing but tumbleweeds from anyone to do with Roon. Even some kind of acknowledgement that it’s being taken into consideration would be nice (and about the bare minimum you’d expect for customer service from a subscription service).

What’s the point of a feature requests section if it’s not looked at by the people who can implement them?

3 Likes

My experience with regards Tidal/Qobuz is that most times when I select an album Roon will choose the version with the best SQ which of late is Qobuz most of the time although my focus tends to be on Jazz. This suits me but probably wouldn’t work for everyone.

Unfortunately for a few months seems that most of the team here has gone in some kind of standby/vanish mode :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No matter if you are a lifetime subscriber or someone interested in trying out Roon - this is not a recommended sign to convey to users.

3 Likes

Just wanted to add my voice to this request as well. Would love to rank local > Qobuz > Tidal and higher res > lower res > mqa

7 Likes

So would I. But I don’t think Roon agrees with us :wink:

1 Like

@mike This is becoming an increasing topic. What’s Roon‘s point on it?

2 Likes

You might as well add “Prefer Qobuz over Tidal, and prefer the highest resolution file”.

2 Likes

I support the inclusion of this capability

4 Likes

I support this feature request. Why waste energy and CO2 by Internet streaming if the file is aviable local?
Greetz
Uwe

2 Likes

New to roon and still evaluating features, noticed right away that most music was using tidal instead of Qobuz, I currently have subscription to both but prefer Qobuz, went looking for this feature and was surprised it wasn’t there, come on roon at least you could acknowledge the request?

2 Likes

I like this but alas, I have no votes left!

1 Like