Primare I15 - loss of Chromecast functionality

Description of Issue
Hi all, I have a Primare I15 connected via ethernet to my PC which acts as roon Core. I see now that, at long last, my I15 is showing as ‘Roon Ready’ in the software but not yet certified. Ok - no problem, I can wait a little longer!

BBBBUUUTTTT, I now seem to have lost the ability to connect to the Primare as a Chromecast device, now only have the airplay option, with all of its bandwidth limitations. This is VERY frustrating!

Hi Ian I have never used one of these devices, but I do use Chromecast and if can sometime be flakey with Roon discovery so it might be worth rebooting the Primare device and then the Roon Core a few minutes later and see if it it discovers it this time.

Pretty sure that isn;t the issue since I can see it in google home and can cast to it from other devices

Ian that is sometimes the complaint, I can see the chromecast but Roon can’t it.
I don’t work for Roon, I was just trying to point you in the direction of a possible solution

1 Like

thanks for giving me your input Michael, I’ll try it out

1 Like

Hey @Ian_Nicholls,

Thanks for getting in touch when you run into trouble. I am so sorry we didn’t get a chance to reply until today :pleading_face:

I was wondering, is your Primare still showing up under AirPlay only?

We’d love to help :nerd_face: