Primare I35 Prisma - Not Roon Ready [I15, I25 & I30 now certified 23/01/2023]

Next month it will be 3 years since I upgraded to a Primare I35 Prisma integrated amplifier. It was also the first time I heard the words Roon Ready. Today I am a avid Roon user and it is three years since I heard those words “with future update”.

Why is Primare allowed to claim, via their website, that their products are Roon Ready when they are not?

In the product text it says Roon Ready followed by asterisk, at the end of the paragraph we meet the asterisk again “*with future update”. I think that most people would interpret “with future update” as a waiting time of six months, at the most perhaps one year. I have been waiting three years!

That Primare is Roon Ready or not is irrelevant, but what is, is that they give the impression to the prospective customer that Primare products will be Roon Ready.

So I’ve been thinking what’s needed is a new classification… Not Roon Ready.

Primare would make a good candidate.

3 Likes

This is for you @Terry_Medalen and @danny

Its only Roon Ready when its Roon Ready - coming soon has never counted

There is a lot of dodgy marketing highlighted on the forum as well as a lot of confusion between Roon Ready and Roon Tested

Sadly - Check before you buy

2 Likes

Iain, to repeat my response to your similar comment on the Primare Audio User FB group, to say that we are embarrassed, frustrated, and just plain angry that we have not been able to provide Roon Ready certification after such a long period of time is an understatement. We have learned a lot, as have other manufacturers experiencing what must be similar difficulties, and certainly bear much of the responsibility for the delay, but we are a small company and there were a multitude of circumstances, local and global, preventing certification from happening until now.
I say now, as I honestly believe that we are submitting what we believe to be final software to Roon for certification of I15 Prisma, I25 Prisma, and I35 Prisma, with the expectation of certification by the end of November and launch of updated software to follow in early December. SC15 Prisma and PRE35 Prisma certification will follow shortly thereafter, with CD15 Prisma, CD35 Prisma, SPA25 Prisma, and SP25 Prisma following that.
To add here, an in our admittedly weak defence, while we have been working toward certification we have had AirPlay and Chromecast as Roon endpoint, with the only real limitation being maximum resolution (and some missing mult-room/multi-zone flexibility). With Chromecast that limit is 24/96 kHz, and while with Roon certification this will be raised to 24/192 kHz, there should be no significant improvement in audio performance, in part due to the thorough certification process that Roon demands for all products certified.
With the hope this answers some of your concerns.

5 Likes

Sorry @Terry_Medalen, but for waiting over three years (I’m a PRE35 Prisma owner) to fulfilling a feature which was declared with “soon” must be a thing for the justice!
I’m a hard- and software developer for complex systems in time recording and control systems and also developed over msny years multiroom audio/video systems.
So I know some things about the market and you can shure, that I’ll never buy another item from Primare (at the moment I’m owning three items), because you’re whole team is incapable.

Primare End of Year Status Update
20 December 2022

Roon Ready
We have received notification from Roon that our I15 Prisma, I25 Prisma, and I35 Prisma integrated amplifiers have all been certified Roon Ready, with the OTA scheduled for release upon our offices reopening in January so that we have staff available to provide support should there be any issues with the update. SC15 Prisma and PRE35 Prisma certification will follow shortly thereafter, with CD15 Prisma, CD35 Prisma, SPA25 Prisma, and SP25 Prisma after that.

2 Likes

Sadly 2 years too late for my previously owned I15 Prisma.
I liked it a lot but 3 years was too long to wait for Roon Ready.

I moved on to a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120.

And do you see any firmware update (hey it’s now the mid of January)?
No, there isn’t any and I can only warn people to buy “digital” products from Primare likd the (perhaps) coming AVR items or trust them that the Prisma products are really working as stable Roon endpoints.

1 Like

Got their newsletter in December. As far as I can see, everything is still okay.

https://primare.net/2022-end-of-year-status-update/

1 Like

roon tested confirmed.

1 Like

Nearly there!
As one can see from the second screen shot Roon has enabled the following new devices, I15 Prisma Mk2, I25 Prisma, and I35 Prisma. Now Primare must release a firmware update to the fore mentioned devices. This will most likely happen Monday. After this update the text under Primare I15 Prisma Mk2 (first screen shot) will change from Google Cast to Roon Advanced Audio Transport only then will Roon be enabled.

Update

1 Like

Yep, and confirmed on Roon’s site …

1 Like

anyone else’s unit not getting the update? I have an i35 prisma and even though I have tried rebooting it (and even unplugging the power), it’s not getting the update :confused:

How is the l35 connected to the internet, hardwired or Wi-Fi? I would recommend connecting via ethernet cable.

Hi @Dexter_prog
Maybe that helps? (No issues here)

Should you have any questions or need assistance, please complete a help request at this link
https://helpdesk.primare.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I own an I15 Prisma for a few years now. Roon Update came in order and working very well. Very glad!
Using chromcast vs Roon RAAT, you will not hear much difference, if any. You can now see the whole signal path and use it in a multiroom if you have other roon ready devices. I like Primare products and as an audiophile, I can say their equipment and overall quality is great.

1 Like

What do you can set in the Roon audio settings for DSD max (I expect DSD128)?

The Prisma I15, can process up to DSD128. Not sure where you set that up in Roon. If I play a DSD128 file it will show correctly on the signal path. Not sure if this answer your question in part at least

The i15 is able to play DSD256 using USB (my PRE35 Prisma handles DSD512), but the most brands are not using the full potential with Roon.
The setup you’ll find under audio: