Primephonic coming to Roon

Would be most welcome, especially as 1.8 seems to contain some Classical-focused browsing upgrades. Hopefully 2021 is the year.

Yes we wait

As those upgrades didnt quite materialize resp. still contain significant functionality cracks, teaming up with Primephonic and their human-curated approach may well bring the much needed boost to Roon’s classical know how and replace / supplement their Valence „intelligence“.

1 Like

I was in contact with Primephonic for some support, and I asked them the magic question. Marco, their classical Evangelist commented as follows:

“As we only launched about two and a half years ago, we simply do not yet have the same number of integrations as other platforms have. When we launched, there were two roads: integrate asap with as many platforms as possible (including Roon), or start with building a home for classical music lovers. The management decided to go for the second option, reasoning that it is no use to only offer what other platforms already offer (API integrations), still not solving any issue for classical music streaming. By making Primephonic stand out as a classical music streaming service, we at least offer something other streaming services don’t offer. When that objective has been achieved, API integrations are the logical next step. We are closing in on the moment that we are happy with the platform as it is on itself, and then we will start with integrations with Bluesound and Roon. So, as I currently expect it, that all comes around in 2022.”

As Primephonic has high res recordings, the best way to stream this would be via USB A through a mobile phone, it seems to me.

1 Like

Yep, i got an almost identical reply a couple of weeks ago.

I ran it for a short trial on a Sony Vaio Windows 10 tablet then USB to my Audiolab M-DAC worked fine, sounded fine.

At that stage I did a , very unscientific, comparison to Tidal , I rarely found any of the new releases for anything else I wanted to listen that Tidal didn’t have.

If they are talking API it’s likely they haven’t got the full info of what Roon Integration demands .

I must have another bash, see if the library comments are still true. Here in South Africa it’s quite cheap , ipremium is R100 (= 7-8 USD) Priced by region obviously

From Jan. '20

From Aug. '20

From 2 hours ago

Don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

It is a great shame I like Primephonic but as I can’t get it to play on my system I have cancelled my subscription