Primephonic support by Roon

I just checked their Web site and it says their service is available in the UK, US and Netherlands. That would leave out a lot of Roon users. Hard to see how it would make sense for Roon to support a service unless that service was available to most of their customers. Makes me wonder about the Qobuz rumors since they will only be available in 12 countries once they are available in the US.

Tim

I love Primephonic, but their app needs a lot of work (e.g. proper support for Bluetooth A2DP for car use and maybe Chromecast for home use), before I care about Roon integration.

And, I don’t see a lot of value in Roon integration, because we would lose what makes Primephonic special: their excellent classical music browser (i.e. their classical oriented information architecture).

EDIT: if I were a Roon product owner, I would seriously consider stealing their genre browsing methodology for classical music… but that’s just me.

1 Like

Might you consider adding Primephonic integration?

1 Like

primephonic is the best sounding and managed classical music ap. it deserves attention to seamlessly integrate with roon, and most importantly run on windows pcs.
primephonic sound is super with audioquest dragonfly dac and good earphones from ipad. it should do as well with windows.

2 Likes

FWIW, it’s already on Sonos. Listening to it now on my home-wide system.

Would be great to add Primephonic to Roon… any updates?

I would love Primesonic support in Roon. It is the major deficiency for me.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I would like to add my vote to ‘please add Primephonic support’. I have been a Primephonic enthousiast since their launch. Only just came on board with Roon and a Qobus subscription. Would be fantastic to integrate this all.
Is there any news regarding these developments?

I love polyphonic, use it on my iphone amd Bluetooth Speaker very often

Roon integration would be excellent news, they are quite international unlike Qobuz

Their app need the show streaming quality

Common roon, primephonic and Astell kern is what i need

Just downloaded the Primephonic app. I really like the Period browsing feature, makes it easy to find Medieval and Renaissance music which is otherwise hard to find with Qobuz/Roon (unless I’m missing something in Roon?)

Is there any way to browse Classical periods with Roon?

Technically, one could tag their collection with the associated period. My entire classical collection is roughly 369 albums, so I’ve considered doing this and an exercise in learning for myself.

And, Roon allows you to add tags to Qobuz/TIDAL content, so you can incorporate those albums, as well. A lot of work, though…

1 Like

Thinking about this some more… you could “Focus” on a group of composers that are associated with the period. Then, focus further into your own library and apply Album Tags as a batch.

I need to think about this even more… I will come up with a workflow and add to this thread.

1 Like

Could you please add support for Primephonic? Primephonic is a classical music streaming service offering hi-res.

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?context=topic&context_id=77990&q=Primephonic%20order%3Aviews&skip_context=true

The first step is for Primephonic to want to do this. To get the level of integration required to partner with Roon there is a lot to do.

I’m a PRIMEPHONIC subscriber now as well as Qobuz.
Please add Primephonic to services.
Thanks, Chris K

1 Like

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?q=Primephonic

2 Likes

moving this to feature requests and thanks @Carl for tagging it on the rest of this related thread :slight_smile:

This is fantastic news. I wonder if Primephonic’s top notch metadata will somehow be integrated into Roon as part of the deal.

1 Like

I second that, this would be amazing!