Pro-Ject pre box s2 digital, roon cant create audio zone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

SONIC TRANSPORTER I5 CONNECTED TO ETHERNET+ ULTRARENDU CONNECTED TO ETHERNET + PREBOX S2 DIGITAL CONNECTED THROUGH AUDIOQUEST CINNAMON USB TO ULTRA RENDU, CONNECTED TO AUDIO SOURCE IN MARANTZ AV8802A

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ACCESSPOINTS, ROUTER AND SWITCHES FROM ARUBA, ISP HOTWIRE 1000 MB

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

MARANTZ AV8802A, WITH MARTIN LOGANS XT60 SPEAKERS, S2 DIGITAL CONNECTED TO PRE AMP AUDIO BY AUDIOQUEST GOLDEN GATE RCA, THE REST IS CONNECTED AS MENTIONED ABOVE

Description Of Issue

ROON DOES NOT DETECT S2 DIGITAL AS AUDIO ZONE AND CANT ENABLE IT, ALWAYS GETTING MESSAGE " DEVICE INITIALIZATION FAILED".
SONICTRANSPORTER AND ULTRARENDU RECOGNIZE IT AS DAC, FIRMWARE IS CURRENT WITH 2.12 IN S2 DIGITAL.

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre — Thanks for reaching out!

Can you provide some details on the models of the router, switches, and access points? Are the Core and UltraRendu connected to one of the switches?

Can you share a screenshot of what you see here in Settings > Audio?

Was this device previously working for you in Roon?

ARAKNIS AN-700-AP-I-AC ( ACCESS POINT)

ARAKNIS AN-110-SW-C-16P ( SWITCH)

ARAKNIS AN-310-RT-4L2W ( ROUTER)

ARAKNIS AN-110-SW-C-8P ( SWITCH, WERE ULTRARENDU AND SONICTRANSPORTER I5 ARE CONNECTED)

BRAND NEW DEVICE, WAS USING AN OPPO UDP-205 AS DAC BEFORE S2 DIGITAL.

THANKS A LOT FOR QUICK SUPPORT.

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre,

Just to verify here, you’re wanting to use the Pro-ject connected directly to the PC and not connected to the ultraRendu, correct?

Can you confirm that your drivers are up to date?

Have you tried a different USB cable?

Good morning Dylan, thanks for reply.
I need the Project to work with Ultrarendu, not PC
Drivers are up to date with FW 2.12
Yes i tried different cable, cheaper cable too and do not work, if i use previous Oppo UDP-205 it works.

Ultrarendu detects it within Roon.

DAC diagnostics in sonic orbiter Detects it and says its ok.

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre,

In that case, you’ll just want to select the ultraRendu as your Zone in Roon. Playing to that zone will play to the Pro-ject. If you select this zone do things work for you as expected?

No it does not, sound does not come out from anywhere playing from Ultra Rendu zone

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre,

The ultraRendu is the Zone we will want to use since the Pro-Ject is connected to it. Since it’s not playing, it sounds like there is something else going on here.

First, can you confirm that the ultraRendu is fully up to date?

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when trying to play to this Zone?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.