Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra loses connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro. All software updated to latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear WiFI (WiFi connection to Stream Box and MacBook Pro)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra

Description Of Issue

I installed a Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra friday, and over the weekend, the connections completely dropped 3 times. I had to restart the Stream Box to get it working.

It starts out with the current music playing just stops. Then I try to start again, and Roon tries to play a song, immediately moves to the next, tries again and so on for 4-6 tracks. Then Roon says something is wrong with the TIDAL connection and then everything slowly goes down in flames untill nothing is working.

A restart of the Stream Box solves it…

1 Like

Hi @Henrik_Larsen,

Generally, as mentioned in our Networking Guide, we recommend an Ethernet connection whenever possible. If you connect your Core and the Stream Box via Ethernet do you experience the same behavior?

Can you verify that the Stream Box’s firmware is fully up to date?

A wired connection is not an option where i live. Not even for a test purpose… The strange thing is, that it can run for hours on, and the suddently it just collapses. Then a restart of th Stream Box helps (to me, that sounds like an error with the stream box, right?)

The Stream Box is fully updated.

1 Like

Hi @Henrik_Larsen,

If you play to another endpoint over WiFi, like System Output of a remote, does the same behavior occur?

It only happens with the stream box. Yesterday I found out it happens with MQA tracks. Normal tracks play fine.

Hi @Henrik_Larsen,

Can you confirm what DAC is connected to the Stream Box?

It’s a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170

Hi @Henrik_Larsen,

When the device is in this broken state, can you try streaming to it via the Stream Box S2’s Web UI?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.