Problem adding Gillian Welch (Lost Songs vol 3) from Tidal to my Roon Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC i8/Roon Version 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Q Hub router
Cisco 2960 switch
Connection by ethernet
Tidal

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Klimax DS/1 (system 1) or Sonore microRendu/Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ (System 2)

Description Of Issue
When I attempt to add the Gillian Welch album “Lost Tapes - vol 3” to my Roon Library from Tidal I get the message “Album is taking longer than normal to add - will try in the background”, but the album is not added.

See screen-shot.

I was able to add a different album: Tom Petty - “Wildflowers and all the rest” today so the problem may be specific to the Gillian Welch album.

Seems like a Tidal problem. You could always check it out on bandcamp: https://gillianwelch.bandcamp.com Great album BTW.

Thanks - it is a great album.

The MQA version on Tidal sounds fantastic and plays perfectly well - it just won’t load into my Roon Library.

What makes you think it’s a Tidal problem given that the album plays perfectly on Roon via Tidal? Roon will just not me add it to my library.

Don’t know what the glitch was, but I’ve just returned after a couple of hours or so and Roon has eventually added the album to my library.

You can close this thread.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved @hmack, if you encounter further difficulties please just let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.