Problem Connecting to Simaudio Moon

The path of least resistance is usually to identify the album, if possible. See if this Knowledge Base link helps:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Editing#Metadata_Identification

Thanks. Good to know that what Iā€™ve been doing - identifying all unidentified albums, and trying to edit and get roon to re-identify is what I should be doing, but itā€™s not helping in many cases. Seems like roon should be able to apply a photo and bio for an artist identified as ā€œprimaryā€ from their archive into an album that identifies that artist - regardless of whether Roon can identify the album. But thank you, again for your help. I may need it again, as I try to learn the limitations of the system as well as work arounds

Not everyone approaches it this way, but in most cases, if Roon has trouble identifying an album, or if I really donā€™t like what Iā€™m seeing when I look at the metadata displayed in Roon, I will inspect and, if needed, edit the metadata in a good third-party tag editor rather than devoting a lot of effort trying to fix things in Roon. I find I can usually get things straightened out, one way or another, with a little metadata editing outside of Roon. I have to confess that I feel as if a lot of time spent trying to manipulate metadata inside Roon isnā€™t necessarily well spent, since any changes I make in Roon arenā€™t going to be embedded in the track files.

Iā€™m a Mac user, and I really like Yate.

Thanks for the tip Davidā€¦:ok_hand:

Hello David, youā€™ve provided good counsel in the past, and am hoping you can help what isa major frustration for me. Thank you in advance
Problem - Cannot get Roon or Roon/HQ to recognize endpoint. Error message Transport cannot connect with HQPlayer.

Situation
Originally used Roon by itself. It saw the ultraRendu. Everything was fine
Integrated HQPlayer with Roon. HQP saw the Moon endpoint. Initially worked fine. No problems
HQPlayer started not being able to see endpoint device. Some re-booting I could it back and running, but it was too much work
Tried to see if I could get Roon by itself to work again. I could not.
Computer sees ultraRendu thru the browser, and it is set to Roon Ready in active mode now (and set to HQPlayer when trying to use it with Roon)
Roon does not see the ultraRendu

Set-up
Roon 1.3 (build268) stable (64 bit)
Mac OSX 10.12.06
iMac
Music stored on external hard drive connected to iMac
Connected by ethernet to an ultraRendu/ISOREGEN, Lush USB cable to Moon 280D DAC
Library: 9300 tracks

Trouble Shooting so far
Boot and re-boot all devices and router
Checked cords
Checked ethernet
Checked and made adjustments to make sure all devices were on the same Network
To make sure, entered computer IP address in HQPlayer settings (vs. Local Host)
Made sure Network (globe) on HQP is activated

Thank you

Bruce