Problem roon core synology

Hello good afternoon to everyone.
I am trying to install on my nas synology roon core to be able to buy the license for life.
I have tried firstly on the pc with an endpoint ropiee with a dac smls su8 and everything perfect.
The problem is that I install the package in synology as indicated by the author and it does not work, I cannot discover roo’n core.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

You don’t mention the Synology model number in your post. The minimum requirement to run Roon on a Synology NAS is well known. If your Synology is not up to the minimum spec then you won’t be able to install the package. There are LOTS of posts here about just this subject. I suggest you read some of them to understand the limitations.

Sorry. ds ds3615xs.
do you think it will count?

Again, do the research but if it won’t install the package then you really have your answer.

It is installed and in theory running but it does not let itself be discovered.
I really read a lot in the forum and I can’t get it to work properly.
I’m here to see if someone who knows can really help me.
it looks good?

I am honestly trying to be polite to you and what I am looking for is a little help from Christopher Rieke or someone who really knows about it.

First time that you mentioned @crieke. I have tagged him here to see if he can help.

thank you very much

Hi @Lucas_HAsta_luego ,
I assume you have created the RoonServer share on your Synology. Can you check if this directory has any new folders in it (for example RAATServer, RoonServer or RoonGoer…).
If that’s the case, it indicates, that RoonServer started up and created those folders and I’d look towards your network configuration. Is perhaps the Synology firewall enabled and blocking access to it? Is your Synology in the same IP subnet as your other devices (only the last number in the IP address should differ)?

Hello, thank you very much for answering.
I did this in external ssd shared folder RoonServer. The folders are (for example, RAATServer, RoonServer or RoonGoer …)
Say that you try shutting down the firewall and rebooting without it and also don’t discover.
If I start it by ssh it works but gives an error:

root@SYNOLOGY:~# sudo /var/packages/RoonServer/scripts/start-stop-status start
01.05.20-01:00:59 — Starting Roon Server …
01.05.20-01:00:59 — ROON_DATABASE_DIR: /volumeUSB2/usbshare
01.05.20-01:00:59 — ROON_DIR: /var/packages/RoonServer/target
01.05.20-01:00:59 — Model: DS3615xs
01.05.20-01:00:59 — Synology Serial: 1xxxxxxxx
01.05.20-01:00:59 — Architecture: x86_64
01.05.20-01:00:59 — DSM Version: 6.2.2 (Update 4)
01.05.20-01:00:59 — PKG Version: 2018-03-07
01.05.20-01:00:59 — Hostname: SYNOLOGY
01.05.20-01:00:59 — MTU:
01.05.20-01:00:59 — INODES: 1000000
01.05.20-01:00:59 — ROON_DEBUG_ARGS:
01.05.20-01:00:59 — RoonServer PID: 21790

########## Installed RoonServer Version ##########
1.7 (build 537) stable
stable
##################################################

root@SYNOLOGY:~# 00:00:00.004 Warn: get lock file path: /tmp/.rnsgem0-
00:00:00.163 Trace: [childprocess] using unix child process
Initializing
Started
has mp3float: 1, aac_fixed: 0
Not responding
Running

The output of the command should not concern you. It looks pretty normal.
FroM what i can see, Roon Server seems to be running on your Synology core.
What is the IP address of your synology core and what is the iP address of your remote device?
What device are you using for the roon remote?

I do not discover any ip of roon core in my network, I understand that it is the same as that of synology and it is in the same subnet as roon remote windows and roon os android and none of them find core

windows pc roon remote 192.168.2.252
android phone 192.168.2.6
synology install core 192.168.2.200

Did you copy your old Server database to the external ssd or did you start with an empty volume, when you installed the core on the synology?

install
New
I also had a problem when I followed your instructions the first time.
I used the translator and created the RoonServer folder wrong because the translator separated it from the Roon Server and it did not work so uninstall and start again

Are you available tomorrow? I am pretty sure, we can figure this out. But I have to get some sleep first. :wink:

xDDD
Of course, more would be missing. You’re very kind. Unfortunately these days there is plenty of time …

1 Like

@crieke don´t forget my xD