Problem setting up Network Folder[Solved]

Can you tell us a bit more about the files we’re missing? Are they all the same format?

What happens if you drag and drop one into Roon, and import it?

Yes, all wavs. Nothing special or different at all Mike. They are all albums in wavs.

Drag and drop not being allowed. If I import a watched folder of just one missing artist or even a single album, I get the same error message I got at the very beginning of my trial: Watching AFP mounted folders in not supported, Please use SMB instead.

edit: Ok, played around with Roon and the imported files, they are all high rez files, from 24/88 on up to DSD. No 16/44 imported at all. So strange.

Anyone??? I’m only able to listen to a fraction of my music collection till I get this worked out…

Hi fore,

Mike’s away at CES at the moment. Let’s drop a flag for @vova and @brian2 to see if they can investigate.

ah! That’s where my help escaped to hehe I’ll be a bit more patient, and Thanks for the drops Andy.

Well, since I had ‘down time’, I tried uninstalling, deleting db, and reinstalling. No good. But, I think part of the problem was just the drive name. First, I renamed to a simpler setup. And I found on my Synology the exact location: /volume1/Music/DSD and /volume1/Music/PCM. This time though, I’m getting “The drive containing this media is not available, or the folder has been deleted”

I’ve nixed the SMB as it wasn’t picking up the Non-Hi Rez music.

Edit: I thought it might be due to having signed onto the server w. an AFP address, so I changed it to the SMB address. But even still, I can’t mount any SMB address into Roon. I obv. have too much time on my hands…lol

Found one error, I was using an AFP address to log onto server instead a SMB, so I changed that, and success. All my DSD and 24bit PCM imported just fine…

SO, as I typed this out, it’s clear, Roon can’t import my 32 bit files. At the time I ripped all my cd’s, to me, the16/44 files sounded better ripped to 32/192 played thru my PCM Metric Halo LIO8…gad, I hope I’m not looking to have to re rip my entire collection.

Edit: Yup. dBPoweramp to convert a song to 16/44 and it immediately imported and played just fine. Darn. Now I’m going to have to experiment and see if a ripped 16/44 will sound the same as a down-converted 16/44 from all my 32/192s.

Well, bitter temporary victory. Got Roon to finally work, but most of my music isn’t there yet. Ugh, computer audio! lol

Hey @fore, welcome on board.

We are glad you managed to sort out this issue. Let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks.

Support for 32bit files is in our plans.

The reason we don’t support them right now is that there are very few distribution channels for them, and very little practical reason to use them outside of a recording/mastering setting.

We will add support, though. So if you prefer to use those files, you will be able to continue doing so at some point in the future.

That said, we always recommend that files be kept in their original source format. It’s the most future-proof solution. DSP and compute resources are improving all the time–locking yourself into a lossy conversion like 16/44->32/192 may limit your future possibilities to extract the maximum possible potential from the audio files.

Thank You Brian. I’ll keep the 32bit files for now, but after comparing reripped 16/44 to the 32/192, there was a big diff. in sound quality in the upconverted to dsd. So, unfort., I have to agree with you, and am now reripping my entire library again…aargh! :wink:

Thanks for all the help!

5 posts were split to a new topic: Setup Tidal last night, strangely by doing so it eliminated all my Libraries