windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connect to Synology NAS, via many switches, 1000gb min. not wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Roon plays to many devices, there are no issues in this regard. all wired LAN

Library Size

Approx 1.7TB music located on NAS in its own ‘roon’ folder

Description of Issue

Roon works perfectly with Tidal, and local C drive files. when i load 10 random albums to troubleshoot from the mapped NAS, also works perfectly.

when i load the folder in total it imports and analyses for about 24 hours an then will crash Roon. Restart roon no problem, but when it start to import again and analyse it will crash.

i have search the roon folder looking for obvious problems but nothing stands out. i suspect it is a file name that Roon shows no love.

The folder imports fine with other software i.e J River.

is there a way i can determine what is causing the fault?

Thank you

Hi @12elfthfloor

Do you know how many tracks total you have? Can you also give some info on the specs of the Surface Pro? It looks like there are a few different configurations, so knowing the specific hardware would definitely help!

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your reply.

Tracks are 46,371.

i notice just before it crashes that the file count is approx 57k,( just below the track count in the storage settings) it seems to complete it and then crashes about 5 seconds later.

the surface pro is version 4. 64 bit. 8gb. and a 512 gb SSD with no peripherals plugged in. running windows 10. its only purpose in life is Roon.

i have also tried Roon on a laptop and a PC, but all suffer the same fate unfortunately.

Thanks
Tim

Hi,

Just hoping that someone can help.

Thanks

I’m sorry for the late response here, @12elfthfloor

Are you still seeing this crash? If so, can you please reproduce and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

yes still crashing im afraid.

I hope this works.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Dylan,

are you able to see the problem?

Thanks
Tim

Hi @12elfthfloor

I think we’ll need a bit more information hre. Can you please share Event Viewer logs:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

Hi Dylan,

in the meantime i went through the library one by one and have isolated the issue down to a few albums and removed those. i cannot see what is the issue though, but right now i dont care as long as i could get it to work.

now it seems Roon is stable.

thanks
Tim

Hi @12elfthfloor, do you still have any of those files available? If you could send them over to me in a PM I can pass them along to the QA team so they can investigate further.