“Metadata Improver: Paused”
“Roon is having trouble verifying your connection with our servers…”
I have a Roon Core 1.8 installed in my Windows 10 PC. I also have a Moto g power smartphone that’s connected to Roon. I use a Sonore OptiRendu Lite (Roon Only) streamer in my living room and another in my office. I use a Smart Green Computer i5 Transporter as my music server. We have a CenturyLink router on the other end of the house from my office with mps never above 12. When we installed the audio streaming network the mps dipped to below 7 and my desktop would not stay connected to the internet for more than a few seconds at a time. We disconnected the streamer in my office as a test and the mps came back to normal.
We have an ethernet extension box plugged into the wall in the living room for the server/streamer/TV. Initially we had two more ethernet extensions plugged into the wall in my office, one connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and one for the audio streamer. That created a bandwidth deficit. The work-around we devised is what seems to have caused the current problem with the metadata:
This problem started when my audio tech set up a Cat 6 ethernet connection from the ethernet switchbox directly to my PC instead of having two ethernet extension boxes plugged into wall sockets in my office. This solved the inadequate bandwidth problem but is correlated with the metadata glitch. Now, when I add albums to my library there is only the most basic metadata included (album title, track titles) but no cover art or credits.
I don’t know how to find out how many tracks I have in my library, but it’s about 150 CDs worth I’d say. I also don’t know how to take and copy a screenshot, sorry! I’ll try to find any other information you need if you tell me where to look! Thank you!