Problem with metadata

Content you’re reporting an issue with

This is an LP I inherited from my grandfather. You can find it on DiscoGS at this link: Arcangelo Corelli – Arcangelo Corelli (1967, Vinyl) - Discogs

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No edit, but I edited the file’s metadata using MP3Tag before importing it in Roon.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

It is a local file (ripped LP)

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Problem 1

I added the tag “Composer=Arcangelo Corelli” to all the tracks in the album. The tag is imported, however it creates a new composer instead of linking to the existing “Arcangelo Corelli” in Roon database.

Problem 2

I added performers tags in the form of (for example)

VIOLIN = name1
VIOLONCELLO = name2
etc.

However, these tags are not credited. If I use “SOLOIST”, they are credited but not associated with the instrument (i.e. name1 and name2 will be both credited as soloist).

This is the “right” Corelli in your database:

I’ve tried to manually edit the metadata in Roon, but there is no way to add Composer, just Artist.

Hi @Antonello_Izzi,

Thank you for getting in touch about what you’re seeing in Roon based on your tagging. It looks like your issue is being caused by the logic you’re using in your tag field. You can find a complete explanation of our metadata model in our Help Center here:

For Problem 1 is your post remove the equals sign and simply use Arcangelo Corelli.

For Problem 2 use the Personnel Field and the see the recommendations found here:

Please let us know if this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.