Problem with playback to microrendu

I’m having a similar issue. My “roon endpoints” were grouped and I was getting errors trying to play any of them. I ungrouped them and found that the others work just fine. Only the Microrendu doesn’t work.

Here’s my setup:

Roon Core: Mac Mini 2.3 Ghz quad core i7 with 16mb or RAM
Networking: Asus RT-AC87R router with Spectrum 400MB connection. Zyzel Powerline adaptors are used to connect the router to MacMini and to MicroRendu.
Audio Devices (Main HT): MacMini is connected via USB to Peachtree 24/196 converter to optical which feeds Cary Cinema 12 PrePro (DAC in the Processor)
Audio Devices (Bedroom): Sonore Microrendu connected via ethernet to Zyzel Powerline adaptor. MicroRendu is connected via USB directly to Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 (internal DAC in Lyngdorf)
Audio Devices (Office): PC running Roon client connected to Peachtree M24 via USB
Audio Devices (Kitchen/Dining Room/Living Room/Bedroom): Chromecast devices that are grouped.
Library: 8.69GB Library is on Drobo Mini connected via firewire to MacMini. Tidal subscriptions as well.

This was working fine until a few days ago and I’m not aware of any software updates that have been done. Everything else seems to be working fine. I can still stream to chromecast devices and I can play music everywhere EXCEPT to my microrendu/lyngdorf. I can still stream music to the lyngdorf via chromecast so clearly it’s not a networking issue between the devices.

I’ve attempted multiple restarts of the MacMini, Roon, and the Microrendu. I even did a firmware upgrade on the Lyngdorf while I was at it.

When trying to stream to the MR/Lyngdorf it looks as if it’s trying to connect, then moves on the next track.

Please advise if I need to put this in a separate thread.

Hi @Eric_Taylor,

Can you share a screenshot of Device setup to this zone? Can you share a screenshot of the error you’re receiving as well?

If you connect a different USB device to the MicroRendu as a test does that device work or do you experience the same issue?

Thanks for the prompt response. I ended up “ungrouping” all my devices in Roon (including my chomecast devices) and removed the mR completely. Then I added the mR again and everything seems to work properly again.

Appreciate your assistance and love your product!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.