Problem with playback to OpticalRendu

I am have a very similar issue with my optical rendo. It is dropping out then I look into it and find is still connected to the network, green led but doesn’t show up on Roon audio devices. I have powered it down and it works again. Just today I went to Sonora app and rebooted. It restarted but stopped again maybe 15 to 20 mins later. I can access the Roon file and send it if that would be helpful or if I need to open a separate request I can do that. I don’t want delay this person’s support request. Matt

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Ward,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are other endpoints playing okay?

Here is my setup
ISP router Hughes net, lan cable to Orbi base in music room.
Windows server with Jcat Ethernet card to orbi base, lan cable to Sonora optical module then fiber to optical rendo. Usb to lampizator big 8 DAC. iPad as a remote.
Problem
Roon will play perfectly after power up. I normally leave the module and rendo powered off. Then 30 to 45 mins a stop. Usually the rendo is online but when I try to restart Roon will give an error failed to initiate audio device.

Hi @Matthew_Ward,

Are other endpoints besides the Rendu playing okay?

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for the Rendu?

I have not had a repeat of the optical rendo stopping. Today after about 45 mins it did it. Roon says it can’t initialize the device. Here are screen shots of the rendo error message and the DAC diagnostics from the rendo. I have no other devices do this. I have not tried it with my iPad.

Hi @Matthew_Ward,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for the Rendu as well as a screenshot of the signal path?

Can you copy the text from the Roon Ready diagnostics log and past it into a text document and send it to us via a shared Dropbox link so we can take a look?

Here are the screen shots…

I have the rendo log in a pdf… I’m trying to figure out how to send it to you in drop box. I will work on this. By the way I can get everything working by powering off the rendo and it will stream again.
Matt

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.