Networking Gear & Setup Details

Nucleus>Comcast router

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus to MATRIX device via USB
Matrix device to DAC via I2S

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Where to Start.
ROON music often stops with a message along the lines of “track is loading slowly this could be a mechanical problem” or something alongs those lines. This seems to happen primarily (though not always) when ROON is scanning my library-I have added RAM to the Nucleus on the advice of ROON support. I have posted about this problem within the last 2 weeks but no response from anyone at ROON

I often use Shuffle. Roon will switch to the next song and often be hung up for a period minutes before music begins to play.

I have rebooted the Nucleus and network multiple times. Im at wits end…I was having the “track is loading slowly problem” some weeks back but that went away for a few weeks but now it is back.

i should also mention when navigating within the Ap information loads very slowly…for example going to the track or Artist section…it takes minutes for the information to appear

Thank you

Well- I think I found the problem…in hindsite it now seems obvious–
it was likely the external drive. I disconnected it and changed my library to my NAS.
Library scanning much faster now and music playing without the slow track load issue.
I think you can close this thread before it ever gets going.
Ill head to bed withy fingers crossed
Thank you

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus +

Nucleus +>Switch>Eero Router
Qnap NAS with FLAC files

Connected Audio Devices

Silent Angel M1T Streamer>Switch>Eero Router

Description of Issue

when shuffling it often takes a long time for track to start playing once selected (1-2 mins)
Have rebooted network, NAS, Streamer and Nucleus without much improvement.

thank You

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus +

Nucleus +>Comcast Router

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus connected to External HD via USB
Nucleus to Matrix bridge via USB , Matrix >DAC via I2S

Description of Issue

I use Shuffle alot. Of late it can take upwards of 2 min after next song is selected for music to begin playing. I have rebooted the nucleus a free times and it doesn’t improve much

maybe this will help, long read but maybe works

still long time when switching tracks…a few minutes sometimes.

Also now my old issue of “tracks loading slowly may be a hardware error” is happening again. Music will stop and that message will flash.

Wonder if something wrong with External HD?

Does tracks loading slowly mean network OK but ability for nucleus to get info off Harddrive compromised?

Anyone from ROON support have any ideas?

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Since you seem to be continuing to have problems with your setup, I’ve removed the Solution flag and re-opened the topic thread.

I suspect that the best approach will be for @support to take the logs from your Nucleus and examine them for oddities. They will do this once your issue has got to the front of their support queue.

1 Like

Thank you for doing that

Can anyone from Roon support help me?
Thank you

I timed how long it took track to play once selected by shuffle

1 min 37 secs

This seems like to long?

more data-
It takes 31 sec to save a change when album info modified. Seems too long but perhaps it is the norm?

Hey @thomas_clark1,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to work through each thread. As a next step, lets test if a fresh database leads you to the same issues you’re currently dealing with. Steps to follow below:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Please test things out before restoring from a backup :+1: if testing out local file playback, I would suggest setting aside a small subfolder of tracks that you can easily add to your new database, without going through the motions of re-adding your entire library.

Benjamin
Thank you
I’ll try this when I get time this week and let you know how it goes.
Tom

Bejamin-
I did as you asked and Roon has just finished scanning my library.
Things have not improved.
When shuffling the next track is picked. It then has taken 2 min and 2 sec for the chosen track to begin playing.
So what next in figuring this out?
Thank you

Given no fix with the fresh data base would it be ok to load a backup?
My backup has all the edits I had done on my files/

More data …when i selct “tracks” from my library it takes 23 sec for tracks to be displayed

benjamin-
one last piece of data-
Im trying to use “album editor”
when i click “edit” Roon just spins…no going on over 3 mins
I am unable to edit the album-see attached image

I guess basically every function is slow…the artist page takes a very long time to load as well…just greyed out circles for 2 minutes or so