Problem with Roon Bluesound Mytek setup

Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) installed on an iMac (10.14.4)

Google Mesh router for WIFI

Bluesound Node 2i > Mytek Brooklyn DAC > amplifier

For the most part using Tidal for streaming MQA. All software is up to date.

Problems

1. There is about a twenty second delay for a song to start once I hit play. Sometimes the song will start “playing” silently and then eventually start out loud ten seconds or so into the song. If I use the Bluesound player it all works fine.

2. The Mytek DAC does not show up in the device string

3. I would like to be able plug in the specific settings so the Mytek does all of the MQA rendering and decoding. Or whatever is best.

4. I can’t figure out how to get Exclusive mode to work

I can supply present settings if necessary. Is there a way to upload images to this forum?

Thank you @support

There are numerous reports that using the Node 2i as a wireless end point is problematic with Roon. Buying a bridge to go WiFi to Ethernet into the 2i is a quick fix, or else you may need to wait for an update from Bluesound.
As to how to do the MQA part, if it is possible you need to tell each component what you need it to do.

1. Set Roon to see 2i as decoder and renderer.
  2. Set 2i to pass through the signal unmolested.
  3. Set Mytek to decode and render what it sees on the optical input.
    The above assumes the settings are possible for 2 and 3. I have no experience of either.

Thank you. Hooking the Node up to the router via ethernet cable seems to have done the trick. Though defeats the purpose of a wireless streamer! The Mytek is showing it is rendering the MQA.

Still curious why the Mytek is not identified in the string of components. As of now Roon does not identify if or how the MQA is being rendered.

Will see how things play out over the coming days.

How is the Mytek connected? USB allows two way communications that allows Roon to identify it but spdif is dumb and cannot talk back so the only device Roon sees is the 2i.

Presently using spdif.

Hi @John_Gall,

You can upload screenshots to this forum by using these instructions.

Can you check to see what Signal Path is showing? It should provide some more information as to what is happening to the Audio stream there. I would also double check the Device Setup tab and check to make sure that the 2i is set as decoder and renderer since this is the first stage.

Roon cannot see the Mytek since it only has 2 way communication with the Node 2i, so it will not be aware of the capabilities while on a SPDIF connection.

As per our Exclusive Mode Documentation:

This concept only applies to connected outputs–i.e. USB DACs, sound cards, or built-in outputs connected to Roon, Roon Server, Roon Remote, or Roon Bridge. If you are using a networked output (AirPlay, Squeezebox, Meridian, or Roon Ready), then the device takes care of this implementation detail internally.

Not all outputs have an Exclusive mode setting. Sometimes this is because we always use an exclusive access mode on that output, and sometimes it is because the output is not capable of supporting exclusive access.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.