Problem with roon core starting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 7, Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to EE Brightbox

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ipad via wifi

Description Of Issue

I am pretty new to roon. All worked fine when I first downloaded the core program to my PC running windows 7. I ran the system for a few days and then started adding my own library of CDs to a USB connected Samsung Portable SSD. I was/am ripping CDs using Exact copy as the core program did not seem to recognise my CD driver. On trying to run the configure options I could get no IP address to come up. After turning off my computer the roon core would not open (just the roon icon in middle of screen). Re-running the install seemed to fix this the first time but then the problem occurred again and trying further re-installs did not solve the problem. I read online about someone having a problem with a corrupted disk but scanning the disk for errors indicated no problems. I am now stuck and would appreciate any help.

I resolved this by following advice in relation to a similar problem for macs. Delete roon folder and reinstall. I lost my information as no backup but am now up and running again. Great system but it feels a steep learning curve when problems occur!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.