Problem with the counters in the Polish version of Arc - RESOLVED

Hi

ARC 1.0 (90), IOS 16.1.1

I have a general problem with the counters in the Polish version of Arc. It is about giving the number of hours and minutes on the screens. E.g. Playlist screen. The total time in the Polish version is not counted correctly. I already reported this bug in the alpha version in the past, it was corrected and came back. I attach screens from the Polish, English and German versions.

PL:

ENG:

GER:

Only in the Polish version it does not work. It seems to me that the malfunction of these counters is something more general, because it is similar on the screen giving the time of disconnection from Core, the problem described in the following thread.

Of course, I checked the quality of my translations today, comparing them not only with the English version, but also with the German version, for type translations:

coreStateCantConnect
coreLastSeenTimeAgo
addedXDaysAgo
xDays
xHoursxMinutesAbbreviation
xHoursxMinutes
comingUpInXSeconds
xMinutesAbbreviation
xMinutes

But everything looks similar and I don’t see any errors there.

Any chance of help or a fix?

Regards
Tom

1 Like

@oleksandr, please, investigate this one. Thank you for the report, @Tomasz_Czubkowski.

Thanks!

β€”
Ivan

1 Like

If the problem is on my side, let me know, I will correct the translations immediately.

Hi @Tomasz_Czubkowski ,
I was able to reproduce this issue on my end.

I have already passed this issue on to our developers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, @Tomasz_Czubkowski, problem here was caused by the Polish language having empty entries for the subkeys zero , few , and many , in the top level keys for xTracks , xMinutes , and xHours. Even though the zero case is not really used in Roon ARC is has to be filled for each string that has this field.

Thanks!

–
Ivan

Hi Ivan, updated. Please sync. Thanks. T.

@ivan

Hi

Version 112, translations updated. Problem still exists:

Regards
T.

Should be fixed now as the sync procedure ran this morning.

Thanks!

–
Ivan

@ivan Hi. I can confirm. It works. Thank you. T.