Problems after recent update

Since installing the latest update, I can no longer play DSD files via my Chord Mojo. I have never experienced any issues prior to now. Whenever I attempt to play native DSD I get: “unexpected error communicating with audio device. Too many failures; playback stopped.”
Any ideas anyone?

50%20PM

Hi @Jim_White1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you play DSD to other endpoints does that work? What about non-DSD to the Chord?

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup?

My Roon Core is on an Intel NUC, which is connected to the network via ethernet directly to my router. I am using a dedicated SSD connected to the NUC via USB. The Chord Mojo is connected to the NUC via USB. The Mojo is connected to to my system via analog RCA.
I can play anything non-DSD through the Chord with no problem. Also, the DSD recordings will play fine through my Vault 2i player via PCM. I can also play native DSD files with no issue if I connect the drive and Mojo directly to my Macbook and play through headphones via Audirvana.

Hi @Jim_White1,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Dylan,
I just got a chance to reproduce the error. If I am understanding you correctly, you want the time here when the error occurs? If that is the case, it was at 5:05 PM, EST, Saturday, November 30th.

Thanks, @Jim_White1!

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @Jim_White1,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Today, I have only been using Live Radio. Also, I am currently not using the Mojo DAC as there is no airplay option. I don’t know if that makes a difference but I thought I would let you know.

I will follow the directions included as soon as I m back home with the system.

Thanks.

Update: the time here is 5:08 PM EST and I am currently using the system with the Mojo. I did reproduce the error just now.

Anything further to report on this issue? It has been quite a while and I really hate having to convert my DSD files to PCM in order to listen. Thanks.

Hi @Jim_White1,

I just checked, and I didn’t see any messages or replies with a link as mentioned here:

Can you reproduce once more and then send the log files over?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
I have located the log file but this line gives me pause: " Remember to ALWAYS shut down Roon on whatever device you’re getting logs from before copying, moving, or accessing your Roon database."

Does this mean closing the program on whatever remote device is being used to access the Rock or does this mean actually shutting down the Intel NUC where the Roon Core resides?
Would the Rock still show on the network if the drive is powered down?
Sorry for my ignorance but with so many red flags and warnings regarding data corruption I want to know what I am doing. Thanks.

Hi @Jim_White1,

You can stop RoonServer on ROCK by visiting the Web UI. After that you can still access the device but RoonServer won’t be running.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.