Problems after upgrading a Sonic Transporter to 2.8

Note that this is a cross-post - I posted almost the same thing to the SonicOrbiter forum, but I think that this one gets more eyes.

My system is as follows: Transporter5 connected to router. External ssd drive with data on it connected to the Transporter. In another room is audio equipment: UltraRendu connected via USB to DAC etc.

I followed the instructions and upgraded the Transporter to 2.8 from 2.7.

I use Roon exclusively to play music including my library, Tidal items saved to my library, and internet radio. After the upgrade I can play radio items and Tidal items listed by roon as among my albums. However, all albums with flac files actually in my system now do not play - I get the error message “Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load etc.”

From my desktop computer I can find the transporter on my network, and I can browse the file system, including /storage/usbdrive/flac_pdb where I have music files. The files are there.

Note that a long time ago I had an issue with Roon showing duplicates of my albums. The Roon “settings” for storage folders showed “Music Folder” and also sonictransport/SamsungT5/flac_pdb which is the external ssd drive with my files. By disabling within Roon the Samsung T5 folder I got rid of the duplicates. I tried mounting the Samsung drive, and re-enabling the ssd drive.

I have tried restarting everything, clearing the Roon cache, forcing a Roon rescan multiple times without any effect. Note that I have not power cycled the Transporter - the restarts have been software driven.

Help!

The best way to get support on Small Green Computer hardware is to go to smallgreencomputer.com and click on contact us. There you can open a support ticket and we will help you.

Fixed. The essential thing was to disable the Music folder, so that there was only one folder active - the one to my files: sonictransporter .> storage > usbdrive > flac_pdb

Andrew at Sonic Transporter is a great support. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The ROON community should know just how responsive, helpful and considerate is Andrew Gillis. Through my own doing, I botched the setup of my sonicTransporter. Mr. Gillis to the rescue. Personally! I cannot thank him enough. SGC products are solid performers and highly recommended. Superior service, too.

5 Likes