Problems filtering my albums

Hi. I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how to solve this problem for me, I hate to strike a negative tone because I really like Roon and very much enjoy using it. But I am often disappointed to find I often cannot do the simplest things. The latest was that I just simply wanted to see a view of all the violin concertos I have in my library.

I tried filter and that did bring up many but only if violin or concerto are in the album title. I tried focus and can certainly focus on concerto but not instrument which is a tag I have in my albums. So I tried composition and form contains concerto but the instrumentation column contains very little, and certainly no violin entries, even though I’m pretty sure every violin concerto album I have has been identified successfully by Roon.

So I still cannot find a way to pull up this simple list! Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Make it a Tag in Roon you can focus on. Take a read of Roon’s Tag functions.

Thanks Daniel for your reply. Yes I use tags and found them useful for collecting albums together when bookmarks become tricky but tags are manual unlike bookmarks so I need to remember to add albums that match or then I lose them. This is happening for me now so I was just trying to gather up ones I missed and this was a good example. I found I couldn’t find them all. I’m sure my library is small in comparison to many on these forums but with nearly 2000 albums it’s a lot to scroll through looking for ones I’ve missed. But it sounds like that’s the way and just try to remember to add new ones to the tags.