Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK (10th gen NUC) running on 1.7 (build 571) Stable
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Unify setup with 3x AP’s
2x UniFi AP-AC-Pro
1x UniFi AP-nanoHD
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
4x Raspberry Pi 3 - Hifiberry Amp2 (Roopieee 2.535 stable)
4x Bluesound Powernode 2i (BluOS 3.8.13)
1x Bluesound Powernode 2i (BluOS 3.8.13)
(All devices running on Wireless)
Description Of Issue
I bought these Bluesound Devices because I find their audio performance to be superior to the Raspberry Pis. The problem is… I no longer use most of these Bluesound devices, cause they honestly doesn’t work well with Roon at all.
- Drops outs
- Music not starting at all (often shows “Tidal is loading slowly” error message when this happens, but I don’t think it’s Tidal related at all…)
- General annoyance that is totally not acceptable.
I think Roon need to look at this seriously, or remove the Roon certification for Bluesound, because right now people get cheated buying (expensive) Bluesound devices under the impression that they will work with Roon.
I’ve seen multiple other threads about this.
…and it seems people get pointed to Bluesound or Roon and blame gets put on Wifi and other stuff. I can just say that my Wifi is SUPER stable. (Absolutely 0 issues with the Raspberry Pi-devices, or other devices on the network)
I just had issue happen…
- Had 3x Raspberry devices playing music non stop for ~24 hours or so.
- I tried to include the Node 2i into the group of devices, which caused music to stop.
- After this I couldnt’ get the Node 2i to play music neither in a group with other devices, or itself (through Roon).
- Testing it through BlueOS directly works. But for some reason starting playback through Roon does not work.
- Finally rebooting the Node 2i, and it seems to work again… I am rather sure that there’s something bad going on in the software implementation in the device.
The Bluesound devices report great signal strength (-43 dBm right now)
It seems that the more Bluesound-devices I try integrate into a group or play in general, the more likely the problems are to start happening. Meanwhile the Raspberry Pi’s just work flawlessly.
I’ll gladly help try pull more data out of the devices or observations
I’d appreciate if someone from Roon support could engage here directly, or reach me privately so we can try work this out.