Problems with Compositions view

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2018 / Big Sur / Build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sony BDV 9200 HDMI

Description Of Issue

I get not all Recordings for a Composition Displayed when I use Recordings View.

In Album View, all Albums which contains the same Composition are displayed.

But if I switch to Recording View only one Recording is displayed.

@Helmut_Mikuda

Do you have “Only complete recordings” set? If so, try turning it off to see what happens.

it works when I turn “Only complete recordings” off.

But what struck me: The recordings that disappear have no entry in the Allmusic database or are only represented by a placeholder. (that was just a quick, not a complete review)

1 Like

I had observed a similar behaviour, that seems to have been caused by the same issue.

I was wondering what effect this flag would have with a local files only library. There is no documentation to my knowledge that describes how a “complete” recording would be identified within this context.

Ya, i beliebe it is related to that. Also Recordings only in the library and not on streaming are more vulnerable to not being picked up by that button.

@Klaus_Kammerer1 No idea how Roon derives that „complete“ criteria. I‘d guess its via time stamp.

All I know for sure, its not working as designed. @support are aware and hopefully already investigating.

@Klaus_Kammerer1

For what it’s worth as a data point, I don’t stream, so have local files only in my library, and have the same problem as Helmut with the flag hiding complete compositions it should not.

I also don’t stream :wink:

I also have no idea how Roon determines a „complete“ recording in such cases. For my Mahler Symphonies, I have no incomplete recordings at all and Roon would only show 2 out of 50+ recordings for a given composition if this indicator is set.

Hi @Helmut_Mikuda

Mike goes into the Complete Recordings option a bit here: