Problems with connecting to roon after change of NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP TVS 673,newest build

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
LAN Fritzbox 7590

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

lumen U1,Meridian 818 v3 with ID41

Description Of Issue
I have a problem signing in to Roon. I bought a lifetime Roon license. I have now swapped my QNAP NAS 451 for TVS673 and migrated to the 673 with the 4 hard drives. I saved the roon server to an SSD. In the evening I drive down the QNAP 673 because it has no rest mode. I can only recover with difficulty the next day after starting up signing in it lasts very long and I get the following message, which I don’t understand, because the core is still called TS451 and is recognized. But I should deauthorize it and only then I am connected to roon I have a problem signing in to Roon. I bought a lifetime Roon license. I have now swapped my QNAP NAS 451 for TVS673 and migrated to the 673 with the 4 hard drives. I saved the roon server to an SSD. In the evening I drive down the QNAP 673 because it has no rest mode. I can only recover with difficulty the next day after starting up anmelden.es lasts forever and I get the following message, which I don’t understand, because the core is still called TS451 and is recognized. But I should deauthorize it and then I’m in it in roon

Hi @Niklas_Rohlfes and welcome to the forum.

You can change the display name for your core in Settings|Setup.

There is also a known authorization issue on QNAP Cores:

A fix has been provided. However you have to download and install it manually because the new version is still not available through the official app store:

Hi,
I tried the apk from 19.6.but after installing there is no connection at all. I am really angry and disappointed. 3 days of work and i have to go over a forum what i don’ t like. The Core in Roon has the Name TS451
And the QNAP has the Name TS451 too, even if it is a TVS-673.
The core is Seen in the ipad app and online But no connection.
The path to the Music is TS451 -TVS-673 - Multimedia and before
How should the Name of the core in roon?
I want Personal help and no diskussion in a forum
Now i installed the old Version from 9.6. With this Version now even
no connection at all. I want my money back.
Another Problem is that a lot of Albums which i have importe have no identification. I have only 20 Albums which i can choose But Harry Allen has 100 Albums. So here is something completely wrong. Soolloos from Meridian has no problems to find all the Albums which roon cannot identify. But now i bought a very expansive qnap with 64 GB RAM and a SSD for Roonserver and there is no Connection at all.
I have made a Backup on the TS 451 before and migrated the Hard Discs to the TVS 673. The Backup did n, t work and there was after it no music at all in the folder. So i had t read all 23000 Albums 10 hours again with all the faults and non identifications which i have removed in 3 month work. This work has to be Done again and that is very painful

I have now renamed the core in roon to TVS-673 and also made this change with the QNAP NAS TVS-673. Both worked, but
I always come in with big problems and after a long time. I have to enter name and password and then it takes forever to be connected and I now have to deauthorize the newly created Core TVS-673. It is not acceptable.
Will there be a change soon so that you are back in Roon when you click on the app on the iPad?

I already pointed you to the solution.

Here is a guide how to install the fix manually:

I’m just another user, helping other users. That’s what forums are for. Help from other users is often quicker than waiting for an answer from official support.

1 Like

Hello @Niklas_Rohlfes,

The QNAP authorization issue is a known issue that has been addressed with the package that @BlackJack linked. Please try the manual update process and if you’re still having issues afterwards, just let us know and we can take a look, thanks!

okay thank you. This Problem seems to be solve, But i have two
Other problems now:
If i move new Recordings from the PC to the storage location of the
QNAP TVS-673, the real time monitoring no longer works and nothing
Is imported!!! The Recordings are only imported When i Use the
Item " Force read in again"

1. I can no longer delete recordings in the app on ipad which was
    Previously possible without problems. It says i have no authorization.

2. As usual Many Recordings are imported But not identified.
    Many cannot be identified at all,even after all entries by hand, although
    they are know everywhere

The titles could not be deleted because you do not have the required rights
This says roon When i want to delete existing Recordings from my library. What is wrong? How can i get the rights back which i had always before and i need to delete recordings from roon app on my ipad. I cannot delete Anything

Hello @Niklas_Rohlfes,

Can you please share a screenshot of this message?
Did you by any chance set your music folder to “Read-only”?

Hi,

This is an example. All Screenshots look

the same. I have the right to delete from th qnap folder. I can Do it over Windows PC.
A lot of Albums ( 0ne of 40) cannot be identified. Soolloos has no problem to identify these albums .

Hi @Niklas_Rohlfes,

If you right-click on one of the files with the issue and go to 3-dot menu -> view file info, what path to the file do you see there?

Are you able to manually open that location and delete the file via Windows Explorer or Mac Finder?

Hi,

No i have only the path way,not the location. I cannot delete via the app. That is my Problem as i have told you before. I can delete the Files via my Windows PC when i open the music folder, so there is
The right to read and write. And i have also the Problem of not identifying a lot of Recordings. So the Roon data bank is very small.
And i have also the Problem that roon does not recognize new Recordings when attached to the QNAP Music folder. Only a few will
be recognized and i have to scan the whole library again to find the
missing.
A lot of faults for such an expansive Software. With my 451+ i had only
the identifying Problem.
I have roonserver on a extra SSD in the QNAP TVS-673, which has
also 64 GB RAM. So it is much faster and better than 451

Hi @Niklas_Rohlfes,

It sounds like something might have gone wrong when you switched the NAS. Do you have any Backups of the Roon database before you made the switch?

It might just be best to start with a fresh database and restore from a backup if you have one available. I’m also flagging down @crieke in case he has other thoughts on this behavior.

Hi,

I have also a problem with the identification of some Albums. Often roon finds not the right one : if i click on the identification Button, there are often not the right Albums. If i change the search to get more Alternative lets say for a Harry Allen album i will receive only 25 Albums of Harry Allen, but i should see all Harry Allen Albums or all miles Davis Albums and not only 25. This limitation on 25 shown Albums is unacceptable. Is there no change in the Software possible to show all albums of a artist,so that i can choose the right one in the identification process?

Yes, that’s why people don’t use a NAS to store their Roon music.

Many people use a NAS only for backup.

This usually is when core and music storage are separated but not for the current case where storage and core are on the same machine. Something else must be going on here – possibly a remainder of the NAS migration.

Yep, didn’t read deep enough.

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.