Problems with 'focus' and crashing

Running on Mac Pro with OS Mojave 10.14.6. Latest Roon 1.6 Build 416

At least once a day, generally when I come home after being away, Roon taels me there is a focus problem. When I click on the Focus button, Roon promptly crashes and I have to relaunch. This happens every time Roon tells me there is a problem with my focus criteria. As Far as I know, I never use the focus feature, and this issue of daily crashes is getting a bit old. Otherwise, Roon is terrific. What do do??

Roon compatibile devices are connected via WiFI via an Orbi wireless system.

My devices are all Bluesound with latest firmware and software updates.

Thanks for any help.

Hi @Mel_Martin,

Can you share a screenshot of what you see here? Does this happen on all remote devices?

Hi Dylan… the on screen error that pops up tells me to adjust me focus criteria. I click on the focus button and Roon crashes. Next time it happens, probably tomorrow after I don’t use it overnight I will grab the screenshot.

got the error this morning. music was playing last night before bedtime. this morning had the usual error message. When I click on focus Roon crashes.

Thanks, @Mel_Martin.

Do you know the time that the crash occurred? If not, can you make note of the time the next time it happens and respond here? Once we have a timestamp we will enable diagnostics so the team can take a closer look.

It happened at 9:55 Mountain time yesterday morning but it can happen at any time the the system has been idle for several hours.

Thanks, @Mel_Martin!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

many thanks

It happened at 7:01 AM MST this morning. Same error, same result.

Hi @Mel_Martin,

Does this happen when using the Mac Pro Core machine to control Roon or are you using another remote device?

I almost always use the system from my MacBook Pro… in either the living room or bedroom. (That Mac moves from room to room). Have only seen the error on the laptop, because the MacPro is in my office and I don’t often listen to music there.Hope this helps. Your dogs should show something.

Thanks for confirming, @Mel_Martin!

The diagnostics report is with the technical team now and I’ll be sure to follow up as soon as I have their feedback.

Thanks… further note… this morning at 7:41 (local time) while going through a playlist it just stopped at the end of a track and would not move forward. I manually hit the ‘next track’ button and it resumed… FYI

Crashed again, same way, at 5:22 AM local time this morning. FYI.

Same problem this morning… focus warning followed by a crash at 7:56 AM local time.

Same failure again this morning at 7:50 AM. App crashes after clicking focus button.

Failed again at 7:22 this morning. Focus error, clicked on Focus button and your app crashed. FYI.

Thanks for the updates, @Mel_Martin — The team is looking into this and I’ll be sure to reach out ASAP once I’ve received further feedback.

Thank you…

PS. Getting some music dropouts this morning. Music stops, then starts again. Happened a few times this morning… this is something new. Started at 7:14 local time. Sometimes it skips to next track. Playing FLAC files.
FYI. Mel