Problems with iPad connecting to Node 2

@support

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64 bit, i7-3770T CPU @ 2.5 ghz, 8 gb RAM, 1 tb hard drive, Roon Version 1.6 build 401

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Qualcom Atheros AR946x, Wifi connection using comcast latest wifi router with fastest internet package over 150 mbs download speeds

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

USB DAC on the home computer, I do have a PIA VPN however the ROON software seems to work fine on the core home computer. I have turned the VPN off on both core and ipad when trying to connect.

Description Of Issue

I have been using Roon on my home computer for a trial month. I stream Tidal and find the Roon software a big upgrade on the listening quality over Tidal and am considering buying a lifetime membership. I have three Bluesound Node 2’s in other areas of my home that I can control the output using Roon core on my home computer. I have downloaded the Roon software for my Ipad Pro 10.5 and for whatever reason it cannot connect to Roon. When I launch the app on my Ipad it finds my home computer as the core device and always says connection failed. Thus I haven’t been able to use my Ipad to control the music in other rooms.

I have Windows Defender as secondary and Iobit Malware Fighter 6.6 Pro as primary virus software.

1 Like

Hello @Zachary_Kever,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. For Roon to work properly, it has to be allowed through the firewall and I see a few possible points of issue here. I would try having PIA off as you noted, but also make sure that Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe are added as exceptions to your Windows Firewall and Iobit’s firewall.

You can use these instructions to add Roon and RAATServer as an exception to your Windows Defender firewall and I would refer to the manual for the Iobit on how to add it there. The location to Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe can be found using these Database Location instructions

As a temporary test to try to localize the issue, you can also try temporarily disabling the firewall on both of these devices to see if there is any change. How is the iPad and the Core connected here, are they connected to the same Comcast WiFi router or do you have any range extenders/powerline adapters in the mix?

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.