Problems with Mu-So 2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Qnap TS451+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mu-So 2

Description Of Issue

Dear Guys,

I have 2 issues using Mu-So 2 an Roon

1. When i use muso for TV via spdif and put to standby, and i want to wake up muso by pressing play now on ROON, muso starts up, but roon gives the message that MU-so rejects to play. once i press second time PLAY it starts playing music…
  2. The Muso starts to play a track but cuts out after a few seconds. pressing PLAY again and everything runs…
  3. When Playing for an hour or so (didnt check exactly) Muso connection is cut…

Im running latest firmware for Mu-So2 (Updated yesterday, same issues)

Someone any idea? would be very happy…

Thanks

Hi @Rantanplanary,

You should be aware that this QNAP does not meet our Minimum Requirements, it appears to be running a Celeron CPU, which is under-spec’d.

I can’t say for sure if having the under-spec’d Core is causing all of these issues, but it is a possibility to consider.

Do you by any chance have a PC which meets our Minimum Requirements that you can try temporarily hosting the Roon Core on? To switch Cores, you can use these instructions:

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Also, it would be good to have a better idea of your network setup, please list the model/manufacturer of your networking gear in case there is something we need to investigate in that direction.

Thanks!

Hello noris,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since 2 weeks i do ont expereince this issue anymore, i dont remember if there was an update of roon or maybe just a restart of the server, but this issue (all3 of them) do not appear anymore.

unfortunately, i cannot recall a possible change anymore (Roon update?, Server Restart?)

1 Like

Thanks for the update here @Rantanplanary, if you run into any other issues regarding this behavior, just let us know and we can re-open the thread.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.