Problems with queing when using Devialet RAAT (or Chromecast)

I did as described above by you and the HDMI option appeared. But I notices it was an Windows local (wasapi) option and I hardly ever have a Windows device up and running. I’ll test further, Raat and HDMI, and see if the problem arises again

Using Raat (Devialet Raat) An album became queued twice although I’m quite sure I only queued this album once

Hi @Jan_de_Ruijter,

Thanks for letting me know that the HDMI option showed up after that refresh! That’s very strange, the ROCK HDMI zone should be showing up as ALSA, not WASAPI.

I’ve enabled diagnostics mode for your ROCK and what this action should do is upload a log set to our servers automatically. Once this report is received, I’ll ask the team to review the HDMI aspect, as that is certainly strange to not see appear in your Audio list.

Hi @Jan_de_Ruijter,

I spoke to the team regarding your logs and it appears that the HDMI input is not detected in your system-level log as well. As the next troubleshooting step, I suggest you perform a Backup of your Roon database an perform an OS reinstall from the ROCK WebUI:

Please give that a try and let us know if it helps!

Could it be that we don’t see an Alsa interface on the NUC/Rock device because the soundcard is disabled on the BIOS level (I believe I’ve disabled the local soundcard in the Bios because I never use it)

Hi @Jan_de_Ruijter,

Yes, if you have disabled it on the BIOS-level then it is possible that is why it is failing to appear.
Would you be able to re-enable the HDMI zone and verify if it is working properly in Roon?
This would give us a great data-point towards where the issue is occurring.

Hi Norris,

Of course I’ll do as asked. It only will take some time because I’ve to arrange a screen and keyboard.

BR,
Jan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.