Problems with Roon and iPad

Hi @William_Rowe ----- Thank you for the report and sharing these observations you have made with us. The Feedback is very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you for the following:

1. You mentioned the following in your report:

“Whenever the iPad goes to sleep (after 15 minutes or so), when I activate it, Roon loses the connection and the music stops. After the connection is restored the music will start again in most instances. This does not happen with my Sooloos app and it did not use to happen with Roon. I will sometimes use my iPad as a zone for listening with Bluetooth headphones and this problem does not happen with that zone. This problem happens with Tidal tracks as well as flac files from my computer.”

" I did move my computer to another room and that coincided with the problem."

• Being as this behavior was not occurring previously, besides moving the mentioned computer to another room, where there any other changes to your setup that you can think of?

• Can you please provide some further insight into to this reconfiguration you had performed (i.e “moving the computer into another room”)? The more detail you can provide, the better.

2. If I am understanding the above correctly, you are experiencing the playback issue(s) when you are trying to use the MC200 zone as you mentioned when you use the iPad + BT headphones there is no issue. How is the MC200 communicating with your network?

3. Can you please verify that the device hosting your Roon core (i.e Lenovo ThinkPad) has an SSD installed in it for your Roon database as this is going to be one of our minimum requirements to run Roon.

-Eric