Problems with Roon and iPad

Hi @William_Rowe ---- Thank you for getting in touch with me, I hope your travels were enjoyable! A few things moving forward…

"What is your recommendation for the best mesh system if I decide to go that route? "

• I have seen a lot of Roon user making use of either Erro or Orbi mesh network configurations. Those seem to be the most popular.

“Right now, I am doing a work around by changing the settings on my IPad so it does not go to sleep.”

• Just to be clear you are performing this work around to prevent the music from stopping, correct? Also, if you would kindly remind me as to which zone the music is stopping in when you make this observation it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Additionally, I checked in with our tech team today in regard to your ticket and they have asked me if I could gather another round of diagnostics from not only your core machine but also from the iPad, after the behavior has been reproduced. With this in mind may I kindly ask you to provide me with the following:

• Please let the iPad go to sleep and note the time when playback halts. Please also be sure to note what zone was being played to when the observation is made.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. The work around is to keep the iPad from going to sleep. It is when it is playing to the Sooloos zone.

Yesterday morning between around 10 am and 12 noon Pacific time, I played around by putting the IPad to sleep and then starting it up again. In most instances, Roon said it lost connection and there was a stoppage from a few seconds to 10-15 seconds.

I also changed the settings so the IPad would sleep after a few minutes. The same behaviour was observed after waking it up.

Oddly enough, while the IPad was playing through Roon it would not go to sleep on its own, which is not the way it was behaving before. Also, now, if I just went out of Roon to the home page and back there was no lost connection or stoppage and the same if I went from the home page to another App and back to Roon. That again is different

For all practical purposes, the problem is solved unless I force the IPad to sleep. As long as it is open it will not go to sleep on its own. I would like to have it behaving exactly as it was before, but this is the next best thing.

I look forward to any observations your team may have.

Cheers, Bill

Thanks for getting back to me @William_Rowe, very appreciated!

Now that I have the requested time frames (thank you again) I have enabled the mentioned diagnostics on your account. What this action will do is the next time that Roon is active on your core machine and the iPad remote a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. I will keep an eye out for the upload and will touch base again once it has come in so you know we have it.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

It has been a while, but I wanted you to know that Roon has been behaving very well lately. I still try not to deliberately go out and in to Roon on my IPad, but the odd time when I do, the music is now continuing to play. Thanks so much for you assistance and support. It is much appreciated.

Cheers, Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.