Problems with TIDAL Hi-Fi **In Roon Only**

Hello,

I know this is likely not a Roon issue, but I recently restarted TIDAL Hi-Fi and it seems to work fine on my iPhone, etc., but not through Roon.

I have logged with correct account and Roon can “see” TIDAL and offer me anything on TIDAL, but when I click “Play”, honestly nothing happens.

I can’t seem to make the full Roon macOS App display on my 13" MacBook Pro, so I may not see a prompt, but TIDAL Hi-Fi also won’t “run” in the Roon iOS App but will in TIDAL iOS App.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks so very much,
Andy

Have a go with clearing the cache as per this thread.

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please provide more information regarding your setup using this thread as a guide?

Can you please confirm if this issue occurs across all of your endpoint or just one in particular? Is Roon displaying any kind of error message when playback fails?

We have seen reports that clearing the TIDAL cache helps with issues similar to this one. Can you please perform the following steps to clear the TIDAL cache?

1. Quit Roon (or RoonServer)
  2. Find and open your Roon or RoonServer folder
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder ( Roon/Cache )
  4. Restart Roon

Please let me know if there is an improvement after clearing the TIDAL cache or if we need to take a look elsewhere.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi noris,

No, that’s not working even using “rm -r” under HIgh Sierra to fully delete Library/Roon/Cache.

When I try to engage the same playlist via the Roon Remote App for iOS, it passively fails with these two (2) messages:

"TIDAL: This track is not currently available from TIDAL."
"Transport: Too many failures. Stopping playback."

Any thoughts? Anything other information / screen grabs that you need?

Again, the TIDAL iOS App appears to function correctly with the same playlist, etc.

Thanks very much,
Andy

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Thanks for providing the screenshots and confirming the issue. Since you have reported those two error messages that Roon is showing you, I am now wondering if this isn’t actually a TIDAL issue or if it just affects that specific endpoint. I have a few other questions/suggestions:

• Can you please try playing Local Content and let me know if it works
  • Can you try playing to another endpoint (zone)
  • Have you tried rebooting your Core, Endpoint and Networking gear?

Please let me know your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Norris,

*** Can you please try playing Local Content and let me know if it works**

Yes, that works as expected and really, really well.

*** Can you try playing to another endpoint (zone)**

I get precisely the same error trying to stream a TIDAL playlist to my Ayre QX-5 Twenty or my Bluesound Node 2 regardless. So I think it’s TIDAL but can’t 100% guarantee it. (I can’t capture the window quickly enough right now, but this did have both of the messages previously-reported in it for a moment).

*** Have you tried rebooting your Core, Endpoint and Networking gear?**

All but the Core. I’m saving up for an SMG, Roon Nucleus, or some other dedicated Roon Server computer but am now running Roon Server on an optimized 2013 27" iMac that needs to host a few other things concurrently. So I can’t just restart anytime right now …

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Thanks for answering my questions. The next step in troubleshooting here would be to enable diagnostics mode for your account, I have just tried to do so but it seems that there are no Cores active for this email address that you are posting to community from. Are you by any chance using another email address for your Core? If so can you please PM it to me so that I can enable diagnostics for the correct account? If you’re using the same email address as the one you’re using to post to Community from, can you please Manually send us the Logs from your device so that I can start a case for you with our QA team? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

A post was split to a new topic: Issues Playing TIDAL Content

I was having a similar problem so I just logged out in the services screen for tidal in settings and logged in again. All came good

Well, I tried that on my iPhone 7 and it did not fix a thing. I can try it on my iPad, my 13” MBP, or my 27” iMac that I use for Roon Server / Core among other things, but all of those would just be copies of the Roon Remote App. Before I do something drastic like restart the iMac or power cycle the cable modem that accesses my ISP, should I try something a little less Draconian (please)? Thanks to all very, very much.

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Can you please manually send us the logs from your machine using the instructions I posted above (and copied here):

I would also take a look at your DNS settings for the Router and see if using Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.8.4) helps resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Again Noris,

OK, my brain is not engaging tonight. I am using a different email address for Roon Server than on this forum for no good reason but just went to my iMac/server machine and forced my way into Library/Logs and zipped the logs for you. I don’t have DropBox. How should I deliver the zipped “Logs” to you, please?

Thanks so much,
Andy (Robert Andrew) Schaub

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

To start a private message you have to click on my username and press “Message”. Anything you posted in this thread will be public but I will start a private message with you shortly where you can PM me the email address and any other personal details.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you. Sorry about the bold letters. It’s been a long day. :–)

No worries @Robert_Schaub1,

Since you don’t have Dropbox I will PM you instructions on how to upload files directly to our servers and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

I just wanted to touch base with you here, the diagnostics report from your iMac unfortunately has still not reached out servers. Can I please ask you to manually send us the logs from your machine using these instructions when possible? You can upload them directly to our servers using the instructions I PM’d you, please let me know once you have done so and we can take a look.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Just wanted to reach out to you again here, our servers have still not received the logs from your machine, can you please confirm that your Core is powered on and connected to the internet? Can you also manually send us the logs from your machine using the instructions I have previously listed?

Thanks,
Noris

I got very sick for a while but am OK now. I found out that part of my problem was that my credit card for TIDAL had expired, so I fixed that and TIDAL worked fine except in Roon. Please see attached. Note that I have restarted everything but my cable modem. Would like to save that for last. Really clueless about how to create the Roon logs. Pictures of directory listings don’t help. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Hello @Robert_Schaub1,

Sorry to hear about you getting sick and good to know that everything is ok now, we will still be here to help so taking care of your health should always come as the first priority.

As for the TIDAL issue you are experiencing, I have re-enabled diagnostics mode on your account and it appears that the logs have now reached our servers successfully. I am taking a look at them and have noticed that TIDAL is reporting an “unauthorized” message in the diagnostics.

Can I please ask you to log out of TIDAL, verify that the TIDAL account you have is in working condition by using the TIDAL web player (https://listen.tidal.com/) to playback a track and then log back into that account and try again? You can log out of TIDAL by navigating to Roon Settings -> Services -> TIDAL -> Logout. This option should look like this:

Please let me know if logging out of TIDAL, testing your TIDAL account using the web player and then logging back into TIDAL resolves this issue.

Thanks,
Noris

I’ve done before but I tried it again and found that, even though I had resubscribed with a new credit card more than once, it did not take; so I used my iPad and went through the TIDAL App and iTunes Store, and that works although now it costs about $27? In any case, I finally seem to Zhavd TIDAL HiFi through Roon again.

1 Like