Problems with using Roon/Tidal when my iMac got updated to BigSurOS -

I recently installed Big SUR instead of Catalina on my newly purchased iMac. I then cannot
update the Roon from version 1.7 to1.8 and I am not able to get the Roon/Tidal combination to run on my streaming devise. Can u help ?
B/rgds
Leif

Hi @Leif_Sorensen,

Thanks so much for reaching out to our technical team. So they can best help you, could you please make sure to include the information requested below?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Thanks in advance,
Rebeka

Core Machine is iMac 3 Ghz 6-core intel i5
I am on WiFi, via a device called SagemCom supplied by the telephone company
Audio device is a newly purchased Meridian 210 streamer connected to a Meridian G95 receiver I guess connected via HDMI
I cannot connect my iMac core to my iPad from which I try to conduct the music. My iPad works with the Catalina version. But when I try via big Sur it says that some of my devices need to be updated from version 1.7 to 1.8. When I ask it to do so it won’t

1 Like

Hi @Leif_Sorensen

It sounds like your iMac is having trouble automatically updating. Can you try downloading and installing Roon from our downloads page?

This will install the latest version for you. If you’re having issues with this please let us know where things stop working (with a screenshot if possible) and we’ll be happy to help.

I did as you suggested and it worked now. Funny thing is that I tried that same thing at least 10 times earlier with negative result. Only difference seems that I was directed in Norwegian Language. Anyway it works for me now and I thank you for the help.
Do you think that I may face future problems because my iMac may not be updating automatically ?

Best regards
Leif

Hi @Leif_Sorensen

It’s possible that there are some networking issues at play, or something on the iMac that is preventing the update from happening automatically, but you should be able to download the software from our site like you did now if that were to happen again.