Problems with your software

Your software is good.
But the following problems are annoying:
if I connect an external backup hard drive, roon reads it in, even though I have only set my music hard drive as the source. This is just my backup hard drive. Please program in such a way that only my music hard drive specified in the preferences is read.
That’s really annoying!

And you claim to know pretty much everything:
For example, you obviously don’t know the following labels:
Sound Liaison
TRPk
Blue Coast Records

Yes - your software is good - but there is still room for improvement…
LG Volker Ziro

A number of us have attached backup drives that this does not happen to. It shouldn’t happen unless you specifically include it so some details of what you are doing would help diagnose the problem.

I’m speculating, but does your backup drive have exactly the same name as your music hard drive? If so, given that Roon seems to reference storage locations by path, I’d suggest changing it.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but I have a few Sound Liaison albums in my collection …

I have a 1 TB USB HDD plugged into my Roon Nucleus for nightly backups with no such problem.

Hey @Volker_Ziro,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! It’s great to see you on community again.

Following up with what @ged_hickman1 and @DaveN have mentioned, you should be able to use an external backup HD without it being read by Roon. Are you able to provide more details into which HD you’re using, as well as your issue? Take a look at your Roon Settings>Storage, and share a screenshot of that as well.

With this, are you running into metadata issues on some local files? If so, please share a screenshot of the files in question as well. Thanks!

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello dear people,
I’m sorry - you seem to be the best music software on the planet -. at least according to journalists and their magazines.

yes - I have a lifelong subscription with you.

and your roon doesn’t sound bad either.
other software that I know and have had sounded better…
The “tonal” software sounds better - but is no longer maintained.
The same applies to the other software that I had - they are no longer available.

Yes, I know - these days the big ones make the little ones small - I have to live with that.

But now enough with complaining:
There are two things your software still can’t do:

• You act like you know everything.
    I buy & listen to the highest quality music possible.
    What about labels like TRPK, Sound Liaison, Just Listen Records etc., unfortunately your software still doesn’t know them - yet.

• I set in Roon’s settings that the software should search for my music on the hard drive.
    But every time I attach my backup hard drive, Roon imports that drive too.
    I don’t want that and it’s really getting on my nerves. Other software (e.g. JRiver, Audirvana) doesn’t do this.

Please don’t misunderstand.
Your “roon” isn’t bad and is basically what music software should be - just a database for music.

But please improve or clean up the points mentioned above.

Best regards
Volker Ziro

As you were told in the old thread, other people don’t have these problems but you never responded to the suggestions by fellow users or support

2 Likes

Topics now merged.

1 Like