Processing audio analysis stops after a view hundered tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64bit)
Intel NUC-Kit NUC8i7BEH
Win10 Pro, x64 (Version 1903 (Build 18362.295)
Proc: i7-8559U
RAM: 32 GB
Audio files (837.661 tracks) on Synology Raid5 NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
connection to NAS via LAN
Netgear 10 Gbit Switch, 10 Gbit NAS-Port (Synology Network Card)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Oppo HA-2, USB to Raspberry PI (Ropieee, WiFi or LAN)
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital to Raspberry PI (Ropieee, WiFi or LAN)
Hifiberry DAC+ Pro (LAN)

Description Of Issue
audio analysing stops after processing a view hundred tracks (e.q. 476/628326), setting: Fast (7 Cores); after restarting the core it runs again for a view hundred tracks and stops; the same after a complet reboot of the system

Hi @Berthold,

There may be a specific track, or group of tracks, that Roon isn’t able to analyze that is holding things up.

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

Hi Dylan,

the first reboot/startuo fo roon was at 07:13:47, the second one at 07:20:37.

regards

Berthold
P.S.: 13:19 processing is currently ongoing with no stops

Hi Dylan,

now the processing has stopped 12956/627840.

Hi Dylan,

the “performance” is still unbelievable bad. Whorst: only 2 processed tracks. I´m currently restart the core several times a day. Is there a way for me to find out which files stop the progress?

regards

Berthold

Hi @Berthold,

Apologies for the delay — I’ve asked the team for an update on their investigation here. In the meantime, you can go to Settings > Library and set Background Audio Analysis to Off. With this set to off, Roon does not try to analyze tracks until they’re being played.

Hi @Berthold,

I spoke with the team about their findings here. They found that the following tracks appeared to be causing an issue:

\Jazz&Rock&Pop&Soul\b\Brand X\1980 - Do They Hurt\06 - Triumphant Limp.mp3

and

\Jazz&Rock&Pop&Soul\k\Kraftwerk\1972 - Kraftwerk\04 - Vom Himmel Hoch.mp3

Can you send these files over to us via a shared Dropbox link so we can take a look? There may be other files causing issues as well, so we recommend turning off Background Analysis and using only On-Demand Analysis.

Hi Dylan,

hiere is the link:

Background Analysis is switched off.

regards

Berthold

Thanks, @Berthold – I’ve passed these along to the team.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.